• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FINALLY landed my MEP-003a!!!

Isaac-1

bhagwan11, I am just going to jump in here and say you see a wide variation of opinion on what needs to be done before first start attempt, ranging from hook up batteries, fuel, oil, flip the switch and pray, all the way to doing a full rebuild before you even try to start it. Personally I take the middle ground, and don't pull anything apart, but give everything a good visual once over, sure I might miss something like a sheared cam shaft, or a seized injection pump, however if the cam shaft was already sheared I doubt I would do much more damage by cranking, and as to the seized injection pump, it is a dice roll, but chances are it would only shear the drive washer which can be replaced. I do this knowingly as I have enough experience to know that every time you go to remove something there is a chance something is going to break. Sure it was bound to break anyway, but if you don't touch it, it may last many years.