• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally! M66 ring mount installed (with pics)

halftrack

Well, finally got around to installing the M66 ring mount on the truck. After a thorough break down and lube job on the ring, I managed to get the ring installed. THAT SUCKER IS HEAVY! At first I thought me and a few buddies could just lift it up and install it. NO WAY. So, I had to get a big boy with some reach and muscle. I don't know if the way I have it installed is right, but the bolt holes matched perfect for the way I have it. If it is wrong, it is staying wrong. However, I am open to criticism and suggestions. By the way, you will definitely will need the support bracket that goes in the back of the cab wall. I currently do not have one but will install one later. Also, I decided installing the ring in a open area was not challenging enough, so I installed it in a confined area (my backyard) with power lines hanging around.

Sermis, do you have any more rings?

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
[thumbzup]

That first picture really plays tricks with your eyes, makes the ring look much bigger.

I have one of those cab reinforcement plates, not looking forward to having to drill and install 100+ pop rivets......

Nice looking Deuce...

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Awesome job! Looks like you made it thru without arc welding the back hoe to the deuce via the overhead wires. One of these days I want to acquire a ring for mine.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a spare complete ring with legs also a couple of the panels. I was going to keep them but may sell one if you need it. PM me.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job! The pics show the work progress really well.

I've been thinking about a ring mount on my keeper deuce when I get it. Great to know there are several threads on SS dealing with M66 installation to make my job easier if I choose to go that route.

jwaller

I just put another ring on. this time on my 5T. Neither one of mine has the plate on the front leg like yours does. I also went to the time to put reinforcement panels on both trucks. you need it for sure. thats a lot of weight on long lever arms.

Attachments

halftrack

jwaller said:
I just put another ring on. this time on my 5T. Neither one of mine has the plate on the front leg like yours does. I also went to the time to put reinforcement panels on both trucks. you need it for sure. thats a lot of weight on long lever arms.
Can you post a picture of your bolt pattern for each leg so I can see where I went wrong?

sermis

I have one ring left. It is missing the felt and the band that goes around the cover but spins good.

I am trying to blast my legs and get them painted before I put my ring back on.

Did you get the pic of the tires?

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice setp!, I too had to use my backhow to lift the ring.HEAVY!.
Now Im installing one on my M923, I have seen M923's with 4 leg rings, But, not with 3..!
Has anyone seen a 9 series truck with a older 3 leg gun ring?..(picture)?.
Kevin..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks