• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally on the pad... MEP-003A

panic_button

The rental company screwed me out of the Bobcat I had reserved! So off to Lowes for a 10' piece of 4" conduit, my golf cart and floor jack got it alligned. After about 20 minutes it alligned up except for 1 hole 1/4" off, elongated it a litted and it was on... The wife wanted it covered, so off to Lowes again, for a $22 BBQ cover (HD nylon & waterproof)! Now it's protected from the elements.

Attachments

Nonotagain

You may wish to get some flex pipes to get the exhaus away from the house or turn the generator around so that its pointing away. The 1800 rpm drone of the engine will be picked up acoustically by the wall.

Nice generator and good idea on the grill cover.

panic_button

You may wish to get some flex pipes to get the exhaus away from the house or turn the generator around so that its pointing away. The 1800 rpm drone of the engine will be picked up acoustically by the wall.

Nice generator and good idea on the grill cover.
I have 90 elbows on the exhaust with 2" nipples pointing away from the wall. I'm waiting for the 1 1/2" flex to come in from Auto Zone.

I had it running and it was not noticable in the house. Where it's located is by the guest bedroom, and you could hear a faint thumping in my daughter bedroom.

3dAngus

Nonotagain beat me to it. Exausts need be pointed away, or at least get some of those staiinless exhaust flex extensions and reroute the noice and fumes off the house.

I see you got the pad feet in. Nice work!

3dAngus

Rustoleum tinted close to the brick color, taping off all the info plates took over 2 hours. My wife wasn't to fond of the OD green...

Funny! If you bought the cover first, she would never see the OD green.

I'm sure she won't be going out and starting it.:)

But what is really funny is, now you can't even tell it is painted. Looks blue.

Oh those wives....

ICSmoke

Looks good!! I dont have any photos of the frame I had made but changing the oil might be a challenge for you....

Here is a video where you can somewhat see the stand. Ill get more photos later on.

panic_button

Looks good!! I dont have any photos of the frame I had made but changing the oil might be a challenge for you....
It was trailer mounted originally, so it has a 2' oil drain hose on it.

beware of condensation under that cover

It has a vent on the back made of mesh.

Funny! If you bought the cover first, she would never see the OD green.

I'm sure she won't be going out and starting it.:)

But what is really funny is, now you can't even tell it is painted. Looks blue.

Oh those wives....

She'll can start it and can wrench it too! She was an AGE mechanic in the AF for 8 years... Now only 2 weeks and she retires after 25 years. :beer:

Last edited:

3dAngus

OMG. My apologies to the lady of the house. Cool beans.

So she just wants to see something different for a change, rather than the same ole green.

panic_button

Nice job! You even put the vibration dampners under it. Are your conduits stubbed up on the other side yet? Is your interlock from these folks?
Generator InterLock Kit
I was short 8' of 1 1/2" conduit, so it will be this week before it's completely stubbed out.

I bought the whole panel from Lowes and it had the interlock and 60A breaker already installed, 24 slots with built in meter face for $179.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice work. I'm more of a fan of the OD green, but you did do a good job on the paint!