• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Part of the CUCV Family

jcapozzi

Hey guys, after 3 years of searching for the right M1009 I finally got one! I've been on here for a while, on a bunch of facebook groups, and been scouring govplanet and gsa.
This old girl came from Kentucky, and I found her by accident. The previous owner had it listed as a Hummer Blazer, in hopes it would raise the sale price. The truck came with a lot of paperwork, its lineage traced back to Camp Beauregard in Louisiana, part of the 235th Engr Dept. She was surplused to a fire department in Missouri. Some how ended up in the hands of its previous owner which it became his daily driver. Now, she's living the good life in NE Pennsylvania, in a warm garage, and soon going to get her make over. Going to go back with camo themed paint, as per my sons wishes.

I'll be picking everyone's brains as I start tearing her apart. Thanks in advance!!

owenm1009.jpgcucvpaperwork.jpg

jcapozzi

Congrats on finding one you're happy with. Please share more pics as you have time & let us know what all you intend to do to it.
I plan on returning the truck back to its military state. Keeping it a 24v system. New paint, maybe a set of antennas and an original radio if I can come across one at a decent price.
Just a good clean up, and fix anything that’s broken.
I’ve wanted to restore it as a project for my son and I. Teach him how to turn wrenches.
We both want to do car shows and parades in it.

cucvrus

Good Deal. I like it. If I can help out let me know. I am at Exit 90 of I 81. My first word of advise. Don't hack it. Everything works as designed. As long as it is maintained. I mean they lasted 35 years + - and now when they go into private hands they get hacked to death. I see lots of them. I have used and destroyed many myself. My destruction came from accidents and hard use. Most died from corrosion or collision. If something fails replace the failure or diagnose what caused the failure. Of course things do wear out and will require quality replacement parts and components. Good Luck. I am looking forward to some pictures of your progress. Things will need rebuilt and much cleaning and labor. Have fun doing it. Set goals and do it right every time. Thank you for sharing.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Good Luck with your new acquisition. Having some help with every day maintenance will be a plus and as the years go on you and Family will be able to keep the truck in top condition.

Look over the Training Manuals to get familiar with how many different ones help in different ways. You can literally spend days looking over the information in them.

And clean grounds in the electrical system are one of the best bits of advise I can give. Keep your stress level down if you can not find what you are looking for as there are a lot of very knowledgeable Hands around here on the Forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks