• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally pics of my deuce

Banshee365

Great, thanks! Do you think the 2 thermocouples is worth the extra cost? I'd figure if you had head problems or something u may as well pull both since it's about the same work as pulling one. I really like the two needle setup but am alway's out for saving a little money. I'm not turning up the fuel even though the turbo added to the non-turbo engine might equate to increased fuel. I will probably hold off a while and work on some other things before adding that but want to get the holes drilled, tapped, and plugged. Are your thermocouples 1/8" or 1/4" NPT? Thanks again!

-Kelly

Armada

Banshee365

Great, thanks! Do you think the 2 thermocouples is worth the extra cost? I'd figure if you had head problems or something u may as well pull both since it's about the same work as pulling one. I really like the two needle setup but am alway's out for saving a little money. I'm not turning up the fuel even though the turbo added to the non-turbo engine might equate to increased fuel. I will probably hold off a while and work on some other things before adding that but want to get the holes drilled, tapped, and plugged. Are your thermocouples 1/8" or 1/4" NPT? Thanks again!

-Kelly
Well, one thermocouple is better than none. My thinking is 2 would help to narrow down a problem if the engine egt became hotter. With the plenum in the manifold you are only measuring egt for half the engine. If you are putting one in, drill and plug a hole for a second as long as you have the turbo off. You can always add a second one later. You wouldn't need to get a dual gage either, you could just add another single gage.
Yes, they are 1/8 npt. Good luck!