• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Some M 37 Progress

TGP (IL)

After 8 years of very little progress other than driving it on occasion,finally got around to changing out the Cracked Exhaust Manifold,with the help of dougdodgeman!
Still need to change out the rubber fuel hose for the correct filter bowl and line.
Also,Truck had just the battery box and mixed matched batteries when I got it.
Over the years acquired a good lid,battery tray,NOS hold down, and clamps.
Two new 22 NF batteries,which is the closest civilian group to the original US2HN Battery,new Cables,and main power Cut Off Switch.
TGP

Attachments

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need to see more pictures of the whole truck, but from what I can see so far it looks to be in good shape.

Make sure to join and enter your vin on the G741.org site.

Bert

TGP (IL)

Thanks!
Yes it is in great shape compared to most.
I've had the truck for eight years and now that I'm retired I am finally getting around to fixing things.
Just trying for now to keep it dependable.
It's been registered a robi's site for years.

Tom

Last edited:

1943ht

Looking good!! That rubber hose looks a little close to the manifold, but I believe that you mentioned you were going to replace that with steel line? I can tell you from experience, that manifold tosses out some heat if you drive her any distance 2cents.

Where did you find your battery hold down hardware, if you don't mind?

TGP (IL)

The hose will be replaced. it's not as close as it looks in the picture.
I have since wire tied it up and back farther for now.
I'm well aware of the manifold heat after being around these old Dodge's for some time.
The nos hold down and cables came from John at http://www.midwestmilitary.net/.
The used battery tray and lid came from http://vintagepowerwagons.com/
What's nice about these old Dodge's is there numerous parts supplier's out there.
You can pretty much find all you need a piece at a time from all of them.

Thanks
Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks