• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally started 5-ton Hauler.....F950

BrainP

I Just got back into it. Now that work is slowing down I have free time again. I got the last of the body mounts mocked up, and started on the steering and brake pedal merger. I want to keep the adjustable pedals from the Ford cab so I had to combine it with the airbrake pedal valve. The steering box I have to rotate to get the steering input to line up the the column. It Feels good to be moving forward again.

BrainP

image.jpgimage.jpg
I rotated the box with no real problems, just need to weld up the old holes and redrill some new ones to get all the bolts back in. I am real happy how the brake pedal came out to maintain the ford adjustable pedal system.

BrainP

Progress update:
I have most of the airlines run to the cab and brake pedal is mounted. I am feeding the wiring thru and mocking up the gages. My plan is to get the thing running, then start putting bulkhead fittings on all the air and electrical lines. The cab still has to come off one more time to relocate the air tanks and batteries. I also need to figure out how to set up some air cyl. to control the transfercase.

jdknech

Progress update:
I have most of the airlines run to the cab and brake pedal is mounted. I am feeding the wiring thru and mocking up the gages. My plan is to get the thing running, then start putting bulkhead fittings on all the air and electrical lines. The cab still has to come off one more time to relocate the air tanks and batteries. I also need to figure out how to set up some air cyl. to control the transfercase.
Sounds like it's coming right along! Don't forget pics for us folks, we all love pics.. Pop-up pictures are the best though.. (Ok, maybe that's just my inner 2 year old coming out lol) but I personally can't wait to see this project done! I have always thought that a international crew cab 4700 body would look good on one too..

BrainP

Havent don't much that is cool enough to take pictures of, but I will keep it the camera close just in case. I love pictures too, so I will work on it.

grendel

I am very interested in this. My kids and I want to do "Iron Hide" from the Transformer movies. May be the way to go... ok, off to search for Kodiak crew cabs.

KaiserM109

I am planning to bob my M923 and putting the box off of my M109 on it. A cab-scab like yours would be great! My wife hates the Army cab and refuses to ride in it.

I was planning on putting the box right up to the cab and putting the rear axle where the intermediate axle is now. That would balance the box just right and would keep me from having to play games with driveshafts. A super cab would mean I'd have to rethink the axle placement, but a NICE refit like yours would be worth that.

There is an IH tractor for sale in my storage yard. It's about 25 yr. old, but the cab looks decent. That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, I could use the engine and transmission in my underpowered deuce.

vrshack

What about morphing a Ford transit high roof body to the cab. Dual sliding side doors would be neat and room galore. Like a mega quad cab extended!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks