• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally

Hi altogether,

"finally" says it all.
I finally bought my own deuce. The first one, otherwise I wouldn't make such a fuzz about it :) . Took it home today.
4 hours of driving, lots of time of contemplating (was it worth it? Was it worth the money spent? Was it worth the trouble with the spouse - still BIG trouble here...? Was it worth the trouble getting it (quarrel with the seller...)? There were / are a lot of negatives which stand up to the positive.

As far as the trip worked out, it was fine though. I enjoyed driving it alone, feeling the the different sensations (little vibration on a certain speed here, yet unkown noise there, you know...) and getting used to it, adding to my experience that every deuce is somehow different and unique. Therefore, no worries!

So I sit here, drinking a beer for relaxing and thanking whomever I can thank that there is STEELSOLDIERS with a lot of good and motivated people - because without this backup I wouldn't have made this descision, seriously. This ads to the positives in the equation, and it is heavy :)

Cheers to you all,
Mark

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer: Cheers!!!

That's a great looking deuce, congratulations. You won't forget that first trip home :D

pistolnut

No worries. That is a really nice looking deuce. Mine doesn't look anywhere near that good, in fact mine still isn't roadworthy after 1 1/2 yrs and I don't regret buying it a bit. Have fun!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
first time you have to cut across some place where SUVs are stuck, you will be even more satified.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, once you have to pull, push, or transport something big and heavy, you will realize it was the right choice. I take mine around town, just because I can and it is a fun ride.

poppop

Very good looking truck!!!!! Welcome aboard. OH, make peace with the Wife, because now you will have to get more green iron. :D

houdel

roger-wilco-66 said:
thanking whomever I can thank that there is STEELSOLDIERS with a lot of good and motivated people
AMEN to that quote! A whole lot of us would be screwed without SS here to help us. Thanks and a whole bunch of kudos to Chris for making this site happen!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: Finally

Mark:
You made a great choice the wife will get over it mine sort of has at least. While driving on the Autobahn is not forbidden the Army trucks we drove on it all had to have the USAREUR warning reflecting tape on both rear corners. I would hate to see that paint job ruined by a big engine Beamer running into the back. Er is ine zehn kilometer stou un autobahn seben.....

Thanks for the kind responses.
@armyman: the truck will have a historical title, so there is no need for complying with such standards as reflecting tapes or even current arrangement of lights on the truck, if that was not part of truck in the sixties. Only thing was that the licensing authority requested that the rear light had to be moved outwards, but now that I have the paper I'll move them to their original location again. And the bed needed a small white reflector facing the front l+r, which I will keep, for safety reasons.

The paintjob only looks good from far, but if you come closer you'll notice that it is a mix of slightly different greens with ___lots___ of layers. Expecially the cab looks quite rough from the inside and the outside.
As I want a true sixties look I'll sand it down and apply FS24087 595 for that right look, anyhow!

I still hardly believe I did that. It didn't sink in all the way yet.

Regards,
Mark

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great news about the historic title working Deuchland too. I know the biggest reason we had them applied was to make it safer for our drivers driving slow dueces and five tons on the Autobahn. You will love having the duece, it was my first prime mover MV and is still my favorite. You will have great fun with it and I hope the spousal unit getts used to it like mine has. Taking her out for a ride in a blizzard is a good way to convince her. Please keep us updated with pictures as you get the truck the way you want it.