• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Wunderbar! I'm repainting mine right now. It has lots of runs and drips and dry spots. I left them all there because they all look like that. Mixed paint tints are the same way. If it all matches it must be a Black Forrest Porche.

JohnnyReb

roger-wilco-66 said:
Hi altogether,

"finally" says it all.
I finally bought my own deuce. The first one, otherwise I wouldn't make such a fuzz about it :) . Took it home today.
4 hours of driving, lots of time of contemplating (was it worth it? Was it worth the money spent? Was it worth the trouble with the spouse - still BIG trouble here...? Was it worth the trouble getting it (quarrel with the seller...)? There were / are a lot of negatives which stand up to the positive.

As far as the trip worked out, it was fine though. I enjoyed driving it alone, feeling the the different sensations (little vibration on a certain speed here, yet unkown noise there, you know...) and getting used to it, adding to my experience that every deuce is somehow different and unique. Therefore, no worries!

So I sit here, drinking a beer for relaxing and thanking whomever I can thank that there is STEELSOLDIERS with a lot of good and motivated people - because without this backup I wouldn't have made this descision, seriously. This ads to the positives in the equation, and it is heavy :)

Cheers to you all,
Mark
Yea....Yea...try and share the blame! :p

Seriously, very nice truck....more likely to be a positive experience when you start with such a nice piece of equipment....

DavidB

Want to win over the wife teach her to drive it. Let her have some of the fun soon you will need another deuce or other M V for yourself . Sharing is careing, make nice it comes back.
DavidB

Unthinkable, that she will ever drive the deuce. Or even ride in it. At least in the moment, and as long as it is OD.
It's not so much the piece of machinery that it is, as its connection to the military, which is absolutly evil to her.

Maybe she accepts it when she sees that people around here are interested and open-minded toward it. I already have offers to drive promotion tours for a local beverage-dealer and for foto-sessions and such. And our son (15) is in awe about it, too :) My biggest ally! I see great activites with a bonding factor coming up.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks