• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally!!!

wbdisco

I have been lurking for a while, reading, researching, and finally I got one![thumbzup]
I traded my beloved Discovery that I have had for more than 10 years and got me a deuce. I believe a '69. Looks great almost no rust, runs like a top, new vinyl on cargo bed, heater and windshield wipers. I am so excited. My dad had collected WWII trucks ever since I was a kid and I have been wanting one since i was little. I am sure I will be asking plenty of questions, so have patience. Here are some pics. one is of something that I have now clue what it is(5th pic) maybe you guys can help me out.

Attachments

197thhhc

That is a solargizer, solar battery charger.

Congrats on the truck you will love it.

From the pictures it looks like your legs may be too short to reach the pedals.:grin:

DieselBob

Welcome to the light. Congratulations on the deuce. [thumbzup] That item is a solorgizer (sp?). It is to keep the batteries charged. Because the vehicles could sit for extended periods of time without use they started to install these to help keep the batteries charged. Get the TM's and start reading about the care and feeding of the deuce.

JATONKA's M35 TM download page

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers and congratulations on your new truck. It looks like you got a good clean one. There is a lot of good information on SS. Start by reading the TMS.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! Nice lookin trk! Would agree with other thoughts on solagizer(sp) The trks are great! The people here on SS? Well, as good or better. Time for some reading, I know, cause I still am! LOL Have fun!! Good to see the jr drivers already on station!
God bless,

Tony:grin:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm like you, a new owner and very excited. I'm a bit nervous too, 'cause I don't have it home yet. I tend to worry about my stuff when it's out of sight. I gotta get a cord for my phone so I can post pics.

wbdisco

thanks for the warm welcome, I already have a few old TMS that my dad gave me from back in the day. He fooled mostly with Diamond Ts, Brockways, and Ward La France stuff, so he didn't have much on the M35s. As you guys saw from the pics my kids are pretty excited too. Do you guys have any tips for first time maintenance go-around, now that I have the truck home?

91W350

First off, thanks for posting photos with the kids enjoying your truck too!

When you get around to filling the transmission, it is supposed to be down below the fill plug. Over fill and it runs out the nose onto the clutch disc.

I have big fingers, if I can reach grease, it is full enough. Guys will tell you in inches, but for me, it is the point where my finger gets wedged in the hole and I can still reach fluid.

Brake master cylinder is under that flap in the floor behind the accelerator pedal. Mine has a most annoying 90 degree elbow on top for the vent line that is next to impossible to replace. I am getting better though!

Make sure the park/emergency brake is free and working good. The old girl was blessed with a single circuit brake system, a leak, front or rear, kills them all!

Keep the little vents on top of the axles working freely, or when the grease gets hot, it pushes past the seals.

If you develop and odd shudder at speed, you probably need two long 3/4" wrenches to tighten the bolts on the shaft between the transmission and transfer case.

You can find most of the good stuff right here in the deuce forums. The operator's manual is a good read. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks