• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Well, it finally all came together and the Moose and a 1/2 is home! We drove thru the night and got there early on thursday to pick it up. The junk started right up and after airing up tires, checking the oil and all the good stuff. We drove back from Bragg to Atl. in about 12 hrs. The only thing that happened was a starter relay failure at Cracker Barrel. After a quick pull start with the Chevy Truck, it was off and running.
I did use two quarts of BG Diesel additive/conditioner but the truck performed great.

I've got lots of pics but can't add them in.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats Manstein, now you have something to put in your sig!

Use your photo editor (Adobe photo-shop, MS Paint, etc...) to resize the pics to 640x480 and they should load right up!

houdel

Actually, if you go to http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4255, there is a link to download the Microsoft Picture Resizer Powertool to resize pictures. A genuine Microsoft add-in, so it is no more buggy than the rest of your OS and it works slicker than snot. After you download and install it, you right click on a picture filename, click on "Resize Pictures", a menu pops up with 4 options for resizing. Take your choice, it makes a copy of your original picture in the size you chose, same filename with (size) appended to the original name (where size is the resizing option you selected).

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like that Moose could use a new paint job! Keep us posted if you do any mods or repaints, we love pictures here!

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Well, so far this unit has had the front bumper and wheels restored to "front line ready" (used car talk) status along with the unit markings on the bumpers. I hope to get the body going shortly. It draws a crowd everywhere you go. Last night, the little woman and I cruised to Red Lobster in it. You should see the looks. The best answer is just to get that vacant blank look and say... "What?"

Katch1

looks like it will not take too much to be a very nice truck, congrats.
Nice to hear I'm not the only one to take the little woman out to eat in a deuce!

devilman96

Ditto on the congrats! Nothing like getting a new toy home and taking her for a spin! Also nice to hear about your co pilot! Nothing like being able to share an experiance!

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Thanks boys. The wife is great!

The truck is a non-turbo engine... for now. Maybe a good project for later.

I thought my EUC would never go thru either. Won the truck on my B-day in Oct. (wifey placed winning bid) took till second week in Jan. for EUC to go thru.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm really starting to like them non turbo rides. The plume of smoke could be fun, especially with a rear exit exhaust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks