• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally!!!!!!

indy4x4fab

Banned
Man I'm still tired from staying up all day and all threw the night in to the morning to get that engine in, But it was so wurth it to see and hear it start and run. Glad i was able to lend a hand on this one even with the few small snags we had along the way.

Mike_L

Good news. Take it easy getting down to Crawfordsville. Save some power for the trails at the museum.

By the way, if you are going across SR 32, there is a detour just east of Lebanon. About 4-5 miles around to the north.

See you there.

Thanks again Nick! I will try and get some pics up of the re-fit soon. Mike_L right now I'm working through some bugs, got a few oil leaks that need attention and I think I have the distributor 180 degrees out, so it may just be myself & my M101 trailer this weekend. But I am looking forward to it!

wilfreeman

All Jeep "mark their territory" as a post on another forum stated - if they aren't leaking, they are out of oil! The distributor on my 'a1 is also out 180 deg - has been since I put the engine back in. It doesn't affect it any, and unless someone knows what they are looking for (as far as spark plug wires and firing order), the only that will know it is you! So, unless you have something major wrong with her, take her out to the rally and have some fun with her! I'm sure you'll find other things wrong while you're there. If she acts up, there will be plenty of others to ride with, I'm sure.

I'm just saying this because mine is about the same. I've got funny noises, a gas gauge that works when it wants to (I know it's a ground problem - just thought I had it fixed), headlights that burn out too quick (hope I have that fixed now - with extra grounds), LEAKS (I will fix the fuel leak before I go though!).

Anyway, take her out and enjoy her - park her only if you have to.

Ok I know this only too 3 months to get pics up(sorry they are links to Facebook but it'll work), but here they are lol
This is the engine I put in. Its a civi Willys F-Head, but no one can tell just by looking at it. I did put all of the military equipment back on it so it looks correct.

The firewall after I had painted it. I didn't take a before pic, but heres the after!

Here's the original engine still in place. This was the begining.

Heres the new engine in place with the help of indy4x4fab

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks