• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finding Belt Size based on Numbers

Hi,
I replace my belts a few years ago based on the suggested sizes and I want to buy one size smaller on two of them. How can I find the number belt I should buy if:
Goodyear gatorback 15591 is one size too big
Goodyear gatorback 15461 is one size too big

I googled belt size charts to no avail. Thanks in advance

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you find some crossreference numbers that are the same as those two belts? Reason I ask is that some belt makers code the length into the part number. IE an xx945x belt may be 94.5 inches long. So get the Goodyear belt number chart and look at it, they are usually arranged from smallest to largest (most are anyway) and look for a pattern that would indicate a half or one inch increment. In your examples it might be a 15581 and a 15451 that would be an inch shorter than the two you have.2cents

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks the 3rd and 4th number is near the length

Goodyear gatorback 15591
Belt Length (in): 58.50 in.
Belt Width (in): 0.438 in.

Goodyear gatorback 15581

Belt Length (in): 57.50 in.

Goodyear gatorback 15461
Belt Length (in): 45.50 in.

Goodyear gatorback 15450

Belt Length (in): 44.50 in.

In the future just google the belt number ,find the specs , then google "gatorback belt Belt Length (in): 44.50 in. Belt Width (in): 0.438 in." . All I did was take inch off the spec for the belt you posted .

http://www.online-catalogues.com/PTP/?mod=pages&page_id=29

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
I replace my belts a few years ago based on the suggested sizes and I want to buy one size smaller on two of them. How can I find the number belt I should buy if:
Goodyear gatorback 15591 is one size too big
Goodyear gatorback 15461 is one size too big

I googled belt size charts to no avail. Thanks in advance
Most brands and part stores use standardized numbering. 15 is the series which is equivalent to the 7 series in gates which is roughly a 3/8 most common for old school vbelts. NAPA of course likes there own unique way to number everything....... 17 series translates to a 9 in gates and are usually 1/2 wide most common for heavy duty and some automotive.

Serpentine belts have a numbering system on number of groves and overall length.

next 2 numbers in the middle is the circumference 59 or 46 inches. The last digit if not zero is a fraction of the length so maybe 59 1/4 & 46 1/4. These are not exact caliper measurements but you get the drift and very easy for a counterman to give you a different size based on your request.

Unfortunately there are probably two dozen + sizes in between a 46 & 59 inch belt. Run a string in the the pulleys and measure to give you a benchmark to start from.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On other machines with unknown belt numbers, I've just brought the old belt to a parts store and used their sliding belt guage.

GatesBeltGuage.jpgFind the belt that works and note the number then cross to other manufacturers.

It looks the 3rd and 4th number is near the length

Goodyear gatorback 15591
Belt Length (in): 58.50 in.

Goodyear gatorback 15581

Belt Length (in): 57.50 in.

Goodyear gatorback 15461
Belt Length (in): 45.50 in.

Goodyear gatorback 15450

Belt Length (in): 44.50 in.

In the future just google the belt number ,find the specs , then google "gatorback belt Belt Length (in): 44.50 in. Belt Width (in): 0.438 in." . All I did was take inch off the spec for the belt you posted .

http://www.online-catalogues.com/PTP/?mod=pages&page_id=29
Thank you

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On other machines with unknown belt numbers, I've just brought the old belt to a parts store and used their sliding belt guage.

View attachment 716313Find the belt that works and note the number then cross to other manufacturers.
That works if there is enough belt left to measure or the belt isn't stretch to far. I got one of those , I don't think I have ever used it . It was left behind in a old auto parts store that I do building maintenance on .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks