• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finding the right hydraulic pump

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I am starting to work through the process of adding a rear winch to my deuce and would like to hear some ideas on how to make it all work.
The good news is that I have a deuce, a braden hydraulic winch with motor & controls, and the transfer case PTO.
The bad news is that I do not have the pump and am having a hard time locating the specs for the motor(denison with a silk screened tag that has been painted over). I need to work out the location & required capacity of the resevoir as well. I would also like to change to some type of electrical controls.

And to add to the confusion, I may need this hydraulic system to support other additions to my truck (crane).

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for a pump that can supply about 10 gpm and has a pressure rating of about 3,000 psi.
You will also need a hydraulic fluid tank, about 20 gallons.

mucekok

i recently obtained the bolt-on engine driven hyd. pump for a multifuel out of a 5-ton. i was considering using it for a rear winch setup as well. anyone know the specs of this pump? or will it work for this?