• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finding U6TL Battery

tm america

i put deka 6tls on my truck like two year ago they didnt hold up very good .think they were 140 each. i just put some dual purpose batteries from autozone in it .they are a marine- regular battery .this is the best it ever started even when it was - 20 it started right up . i can leave it sit for a month and still starts like new .they are a deep cycle battery.i think they were 80 each.and worth thier weight in gold

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put Napa 7534's in "everything". They work great and have plenty of cranking amps, and fit all different types of equipment.

WPNS421

The big deal with the the U6tl's is not the CCA but the length of time it takes to drain the battery. A standard battery with 850 to 1100 CCA has only about 125 min drain time , the U6's have 2.5 hrs drain time in other words a fully charged U6 will take 2.5 hrs to completely drain versus 1.5 with other batteries. That is one of the reasons this type of battery is expensive.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WPNS421 said:
The big deal with the the U6tl's is not the CCA but the length of time it takes to drain the battery. A standard battery with 850 to 1100 CCA has only about 125 min drain time , the U6's have 2.5 hrs drain time in other words a fully charged U6 will take 2.5 hrs to completely drain versus 1.5 with other batteries. That is one of the reasons this type of battery is expensive.
Is my math off or was that a typo? 125 minutes is 2 hours 5 minutes versus 2 hours 30 minutes. For the hassle of trying to find the 6tl's, I'll eat the 25 minute drain difference.

Gastrap

I like the stock box & batteries just as much as the next guy, but too much $$ for 6TL's.

I just took out my box & bolted in a 1/4 inch floor for some group 31 stud-tops, don't need the post adaptors now. The plastic tray is from a 9510 John Deere combine, the floor was a grill from a John Deere 250 skid steer & the hold down hooks are the stock deuce parts. These are 900CCA.

Picture 044.jpg

HFDm715

just bought two of the correct batteries for our fire dept m35a3, I can post the napa number if anyone wants them, they are desert tan, we bought the dry ones and bought the acid, this way they didnt come dead..

the ones we took out of the truck, witch we just got from the miltary, were dated 2001, so they lasted 8 years.....not too bad.

Duane

scrapman

Yes, please do post the number & cost. Even if I don't use that myself I'm sure someone else would. I've got a number of trucks to support and if I can get a better deal than Interstate or Deka that's the way to go. At least with a # I can call around to shop. Thanks in advance,-- Dave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks