• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finger pinchin' @$&!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I have pinched my fingers for the last time! That hood is HEAVY! I have seen pics of a handle mounted at the front of the hood. I called Saturn, BTP, AVTP and nobody has one. I know, I know, I could make it easy enough, but that's the anal in me, I like stock stuff. Anyone have one they wanna sell? My fingers would appreciate it!

Attachments

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's it! Thanks for the offer, no sense wasting your time though. I can ..handle..it. See... because...Handle...get it! Har Har Har! Like I said, i'm kinda anal about that kind of stuff, rather find old used stuff than make it..unless I have to. I guess i'm..different. :jumpin: Nice paint!

Deuceswild

jodka said:
I made this one from 1/2" cold rolled round stock, bent it using 3x3x1/4" square tube steel...
I don't understand the bending procedure. Would you elaborate on that?
jodka,

I use corner of the tube steel when I bend the rod to create uniform bends. first I clamp the rod to the tube steel then I heat it gradually, when it turns bright orange I ( very slowly ) start to push it around the corner or the edge of the tube steel while still applying heat so the steel dont " tear", I then let it cool and repeat the procedure for the other side.

rdixiemiller

Those "handles" are tie down points mounted all over deuce frames. I believe they were used when chaining the truck down on a flat car. I think the chain was run through the loop and around the frame. The loop kept the chain from sliding around. You should have a full set under your truck.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, all are there. Just want a bonus one so I don't have to pull one off the frame.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There you go! That's what I want. Do you have any more from the parts donor you would like to sell? That's two trucks tonight with an expanded metal cover over the grill. Are they original equipment on later 2 1/2 tons or are they made by the new owners?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a plethora of the frame handles, they're quite a bit bigger than the ones used on the hood though. Every truck I bone out I strip off the handles. I even have them on my car trailer.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed the two on the front are smaller in diameter,I think .375 and all the rest are .500

Trango

You know, that looks just like the type of square u bolt you'd find on a leaf spring. If you can't get a stock/used or NOS handle, I bet a spring shop could bust one of those out for you for $10 or so. It's a little smaller than you'd normally find on a truck, but it's the size threaded stock you'd find on a trailer, for instance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can spare a few. They are 1/2" stock, takes a 3/4" wrench to use them. PM me your addy and I'll send you one!

Armada

There you go! That's what I want. Do you have any more from the parts donor you would like to sell? That's two trucks tonight with an expanded metal cover over the grill. Are they original equipment on later 2 1/2 tons or are they made by the new owners?
The handle on my hood is a frame handle, came off the front end.
Also, there are two expanded metal covers on the grill. The bottom one is not used if you are running a winch. Dunno why some trucks have them and some don't.

(Notice the satellite dish I added to the truck on the right? :):))

Attachments