• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finished Bobbing my Deuce

Seth_O

So I finished bobbing my deuce finally. I did the classic M105 install, so not necessarily post-worthy but I thought folks would enjoy the before and after pic's.

I used the trailer suspension, and installed the trailer shocks. I was surprised about the difference the shocks made in the ride, those were totally worth the effort.

Attachments

Seth_O

After the bob-job I couldn't very well just drive it on the street; so I took it to the local OHV park and put him through a little bit of a workout.

Attachments

Seth_O

My bro took a couple of short vid's of the trip. Not terribly exciting, but it was fun. The best part was watching the souped up 4-wheel drive trucks with mud tires get stuck and spin out, and the deuce rolled right through.

Attachments

Last edited:

Seth_O

Seth- looks great. Congrats. Do you plan to put some big tires on 'him' (did it change from a her to a him when you bobbed it?)
[thumbzup]
Dave - tks mate. I will eventually go to 395's. However, part of what made the boss ok with this is the fact that we're ending up with 5 spare tires, so I told her I wouldn't be buying tires for a while. He actually became a 'him' as soon as I chose a name - Sherman :wink:

Seth_O

Looks good! What’s next with the build?
Tks Boss! I'm torn on next steps; there are some things I need to get done (hardtop - you might have noticed the duct tape on the soft top, heater, interior lighting, civvy wipers, etc) and then there are some things I want to get done (new hood, paint, pyro + turn the fuel up, new windshield parts, spring seats, some sort of security, etc.) Plus I am open to suggestions.

markmontana

This thread is exactly what this OD thing is all about (to me)- buying an old truck hundreds of miles from home, planning the recovery, meeting some new friends in the process, driving it home and getting to really know the truck-- so that you feel good about the investment you will be making--- with all the improvements and ideas you come up with from reading the great posts here in SS!

It's a wonderful life!

Seth_O

This thread is exactly what this OD thing is all about (to me)- buying an old truck hundreds of miles from home, planning the recovery, meeting some new friends in the process, driving it home and getting to really know the truck-- so that you feel good about the investment you will be making--- with all the improvements and ideas you come up with from reading the great posts here in SS!

It's a wonderful life!
Ditto.