• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finished mounting my new 395s on combat rims

fullyotto

Looks great! Big fan of the larger tire combo. Must be fun in the snow
To tell you the truth, I haven't really drove it since I mounted the tires last week. The batteries were weak and froze on me and are now no good. I have to get new batteries before I can drive. We're suppose to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow. Hopefully I can source out some new ones tomorrow. I have been looking for the big military square ones for some time now. The car batteries just don't have the capacity to turn over the engine well enough anymore.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would probably work out good. Gonna Photo shop it first to see how it will appear? Adapt, Modify, survive! LOL
God bless,
Tony

215Dave

To tell you the truth, I haven't really drove it since I mounted the tires last week. The batteries were weak and froze on me and are now no good. I have to get new batteries before I can drive. We're suppose to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow. Hopefully I can source out some new ones tomorrow. I have been looking for the big military square ones for some time now. The car batteries just don't have the capacity to turn over the engine well enough anymore.
Im no expert, and I know each truck is a bit unique/ different when it comes to starting characteristics, but here's what I have on my truck and she has no trouble cranking ever ( knock on wood). I bought mine at Pep Boys. Bosch Premium Power, Part # 65-850B CCA @ 0F: 850 CA @ 32F: 1000
I want to say they were approx $130 each. Far cheaper than the military batteries I priced to be around $350 plus....

Hoefler

I have an A3 with Goodyear 395's on Hemtt wheels. No issues and about 2 inches between them. Have had her loaded down with about 6,000 pounds of steel-no issue.
IMG_2808.jpgIMG_2804.jpgIMG_2803.jpg

Hoefler

A3 Wheels with Large tires

Here are a few photos of a truck I have recently sold. It had big Michelins mounted on A3 wheels. No rubbing on that either. The larger tires really changes the way they drive-much better.
Pete
IMG_2292.jpgIMG_2291.jpgIMG_2300.jpgIMG_2293.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks