• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finished up my latest build ( pic,s.

RocnTJ

I would be interested in the M725 Fuel Filler hose. I have been told you can modify a M715 hose to work on the 725 but have not had time to take the hose off and compare the two.

Tom

vannmann

bob, which OD paint is that, not really concerned with brand, but paint code...some guys are fussy about saying which vendor they use.

MJCougler

M715/M725 tires and rims

bcowanwheels,

Two questions: Do you still have the M725 fuel filler hose? I need to purchase one. Or, do you know how to make a steel bent pipe to adapt to the tank and to the filler tube neck? Who sells fuel resistant 4-1/4" and 3" hose to join the two? Home Depot has rubber drain hose adapters, but I'm pretty sure they're not fuel resistant.

2) What tires and rims are you running on this last build? They are a good "fit". I can't decide if I want to spend the money on HUMMER adapter plates to mount the HUMMER tires and rims on my M725. I understand the adapters will compensate for the offset difference that the HUMMER rims have on an M715/M725. Currently there are many HUMMER tires already mounted onto HUMMER rims in e-bay. 315/85R16 tires are readily available, and I could mount them on 16-inch Marsh racing rims. But, they are only 34.8" tall. I understand the stock rims, tubes, and liners are a pain.

Thanks,

bcowanwheels

Hose is sold, dont know where there is any more. I make my own wheels for almost 20 yrs now. I could make a filler tank adapter but i,d have to have the truck here to make sure of fittment. Best to call for more details
bob
423 384 8938

m880 unimog

1/ fine looking truck-always good to see these warriors put right and back to their best-stock,custom or improved and rolling again-great job.

2/ interested in the 'custom wheels' idea,do you have any experience with making rims wider?i have a lot of 20 inch rims for my rig and want to use better modern rubber.

Wolf.Dose

7.50-20 would be ok for the truck due to tire diameter. However, the truck looks like standing on upright black records which we call asphlat cutter.
11.00-16 looks good.
Beside that: Nice job, however with the more modern front direction indicators the fixing of the side direction indicators / side marker lamps was standard over here.
Wolf

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I happened to notice in an earlier portion of this thread that
you state that the M-715 series vehicles were only made in 67-68 I was under the belief that it was 67,8,and 9 not to be argumentative on this point but I have had trucks in the past
which the Data plates stated (as did the SF-97's) that they were 69's. This said,and I will repeat I am not trying to be argumentative,I am asking........what basis are you relying on to quantify the two years as the only ones?
Thanks!!! popacom / BILL in KY.[thumbzup]

P.S. Good looking trucks Bob

bcowanwheels

Yrs of mfg doesnt mean as much to me as you so your right.. Also 20 inch rims are too heavy for m715 axles. Ok for on road use but will break axles very easily off road. The 16.5 rims are a little lighter that factory rims and the 38" tall tires are same weight as stock tires,tubes & liners so axle stress is basically same. Just my opinion all all things, i,am not perfect just really like m715's.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No one is perfect Bob........me either.......was just curious,as are alot of the people who get on the site looking for knowledge. From people like you and me who have been around the block and
back a time or two. As I stated wasn't saying you were in error,he(( you may be right and what I am thinking is wrong. Just asked for clarity as not to be misinformed myself. Sorry if you take offense to my curiosity. popacom /BILL in Ky:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks