• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire Department Donation - A plus for everyone!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are not checking with your local vol. fire department you may be missing out.
A small donation can earn big rewards when there are parts and pieces going to the dumpster! The fire department gets funding and surplus/junk gains new life and the land fill doesn't grow! I stopped by one of the local stations to find them cleaning up, these "never been on a truck" fiberglass troop seats were on the way to the dumpster after they chopped them up to fit!!! Talking to the guys, they have moved to the A3's and have a storeroom full of 5 ton, M715 & Deuce A2 stuff, filters, spare parts and a wide assortment of accessories! They are working me up a price for the lot since they were just going to salvage what they could out for scrap weight!!! Ask you may be surprised!

Attachments

ARYankee

When you get that list, if you don't mind, shoot me an email of it and I will see what I may want after you get first pick of course. :)

feldmarshal

I was waiting for the 100 post mark to clasified some leftover parts we have since loosing our m725. One day we will premium member and move the stuff to a person that can use it. It would be nice to post the parts for free, as the procedes would go to a VFD. I understand that it would be a nightmare for the mods to verify a non-profit to sale stuff. yes the FD may have mil. parts sitting in a room that nobody knows what it is or what to do with it , that they would be glad to get rid of. Often these parts go from one county to another that has/had a mil. veh.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I was so lucky to live near a fire dept. that had older stuff. All the FDs around here got 1990s and later equipment. Even the brush trucks are late model Chevy trucks.

Save what you can! I'm sure the other guys here can use the parts....