• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire extenguisher size?

Barrman

I tried searching, but "fire" seems to be a very popular word on the search base. Anyway, I know I have seen a thread about what size the military bottle was that fits right into the brackets on our trucks. Anybody remember what size it is and if there is a civilian product of similar size? thanks.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most were 2.5 lb BC or ABC extinguishers
About 3" in diameter by 15" or so

Last edited:

Sardot1

I just installed one last night. My truck did not come with a bracket mounted up front, but it does have what looks to be a little one on the left rear wheel well that I probably will remove.

I looked at Wallyworld and Home Depot and didn't like the little ones with the plastic mounts, so I installed a bigger one I already had. It is a 9 pound First Alert model. I don't remember where I got it. The lower hole worked with the existing and I just had to drill 2 holes in the mount in the truck.

It's bigger, but not in the way, and a little more useful.

Attachments

Seabee15

I have that steel block with the holes attached to my floor board near the transfer case shifter, but i never knew what it was for. I will be adding a vehicle bracket at a 2.5lbs ABC extinguisher very very soon!

Thanks for posting!

fasttruck

Dot requires at least a 10 abc dry chemical fire extinguisher. The one that is the same size as a 2 liter soda bottle is a 40 abc which means it holds 4 times what a 10 abc does. These numbers are in the data on the extinguisher itself or the box it comes in. If yoir vehicle is on fire you cannot have too many fire extinguishers.

cjcottrill

4210-01-149-1356
Extinguisher, Fire, Dry Chemical, 10-B:C
Potassium Bicarbonate Base (Purple
K), 5 lb. Disposable, Commercial Item
Description A–A–393, Type 1, Class
2, Size 5, with mounting bracket.

(TM-9-2320-361-10) 2-1/2 ton truck

Last edited: