• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire extinguisher size?

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a 5lbs 2.5lbs Halotron.. if I do have to use it, I don't want that powder everywhere.. Have the same one in my Jeep as well. (Switched from the powder ABC to halotron after I watched someone at a car show put out a _small_ engine fire, and more or less fill their intake with powder...)

Edit: went out and checked, I have a 2.5lbs, not 5 lbs.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a 5lbs Halotron.. if I do have to use it, I don't want that powder everywhere.. Have the same one in my Jeep as well. (Switched from the powder ABC to halotron after I watched someone at a car show put out a _small_ engine fire, and more or less fill their intake with powder...)
Fits the existing bracket?

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fits the existing bracket?
Depends what you mean by bracket. My HMMWV had the plate with the hole and the support on the floor but not the strapping. The fire extinguisher I bought was for Marine / DOT applications and came with a new strapping/bracket which I mounted to the existing holes in the plate.

I just checked, it's not a 5 lbs, I put a 2.5 lbs in the HMMWV. (The 5lb one should fit, but I've not tried it.). One I used was from an Amazon reseller:

Amerex B385TS, 2.5lb Halotron I Class B C Fire Extinguisher

Reactions: 98G

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends what you mean by bracket. My HMMWV had the plate with the hole and the support on the floor but not the strapping. The fire extinguisher I bought was for Marine / DOT applications and came with a new strapping/bracket which I mounted to the existing holes in the plate.

I just checked, it's not a 5 lbs, I put a 2.5 lbs in the HMMWV. (The 5lb one should fit, but I've not tried it.). One I used was from an Amazon reseller:

Amerex B385TS, 2.5lb Halotron I Class B C Fire Extinguisher
IMG_2970.jpeg
IMG_2971.jpeg

Reactions: 98G

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's smaller in diameter than my bracket is designed for.

I've used fire extinguishers twice in my life. 2.5lbs is really insufficient for the task. We carry 2.5kbs x2 in the gladiator now, since i used the single 2.5 pounder last summer.

My HMMWV needs one. I'd like to find one that fits the existing bracket. The one RWH posted is sure to. I'll check dimensions on that one and find a halotron of the same dimensions.

Edit - i found the following, and all look to be close enough in size to use the same bracket:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks