• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire Truck value, worries?

jake1086

Like the title says, I have a chance to buy a 1953 fire truck deuce, the guy says it runs, but needs brake work. I think its a sprag t case... I honestly.... I dont think I want... I dunno how to say this ... if I'm going to keep a deuce stock ( I bobbed my current one and LOVE it) I dont think I would worry about keeping a red fire truck stock... so... ya do these have like a T case driven water pump or anythign fun?

jdknech

Like the title says, I have a chance to buy a 1953 fire truck deuce, the guy says it runs, but needs brake work. I think its a sprag t case... I honestly.... I dont think I want... I dunno how to say this ... if I'm going to keep a deuce stock ( I bobbed my current one and LOVE it) I dont think I would worry about keeping a red fire truck stock... so... ya do these have like a T case driven water pump or anythign fun?
I know I have a LOVE for firetrucks, and would be in heaven if i ever got a M-series firetruck, so i BEG you if you do get it, try to trade it for a normal deuce before cutting it up.. but, I do think it has a PTO driven water pump.. I am not sure of the GPM, but I'm sure it would be 500GPM+ but let us know what happens with it!

Jeepsinker

If it is a real M44 fire truck.... Someone would undoubtedly hunt you down and shoot you if you put a cutting tool to it.
Edit: They are...QUITE... Rare.

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

On the other hand, you didn't give much of a description, so it may just be a normal M35a2 that some department painted red and put a water tank on. Seen plenty of them. Cut a few up too.

jake1086

The guy I am now officially buying it from on saturday says it is a M35A1 Fire truck From the AirForce base in Glascow MT. ................... who wants to trade me a deuce or a 5 ton? :D

61sleepercab

I have the opposite a M48 tanker converted to a M35a2 look a like with a cargo bed. It still has the M48 data plate and the pump pto. A VFD had the truck and sold it after they figured out you had to steer the thing by arm strong steering. The VFD took the tank off and sold the truck to a farmer who found a cargo bed and freshened up the truck when I got it. What do you call it a M48/M35a2 clone?

Jeepsinker

Yeah, M44 is what I originally meant. M48 is not as rare. I would gladly tardy you a late model dual circuit brake Air Force truck with dropside bed to save that one, but we are kinda far apart distance wise.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a fireman, ask him (a case of beer helps) to see if he can get it to pump. If the pump has sat with water in it and frozen, there is a VERY good chance the pump case has cracked. That's NOT good. if it does pump, that's awesome!

jake1086

GREAT!!!! then ya I'm serious I'll trade it for something else as long as its nice, The guy said it pumps? and he said he has all the paper manuals for it as well.