• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fired up the Deuce today.

dabtl

With the death of my wife, moving from our home to a smaller location, engaging in Deuce time went to **** about two years or so ago.

Went into the backyard today and fired it up. I could not believe the batteries were red hot the motor turned over rapidly and it soon got to running just fine! I will check the tire pressure next weekend and take it for a ride!

Glad to be back.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
With the death of my wife, moving from our home to a smaller location, engaging in Deuce time went to **** about two years or so ago.

Went into the backyard today and fired it up. I could not believe the batteries were red hot the motor turned over rapidly and it soon got to running just fine! I will check the tire pressure next weekend and take it for a ride!

Glad to be back.
Very sorry for your loss, glad to have you back! Isn't nothing like firing it up after a little hibernation

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry to hear about your wife. If the batteries are good, it's amazing how a deuce will fire right up after sitting a long time. I was told that my A2 had been sitting for over six months without being started when I recovered it. As you mentioned, the engine spun fast and fired right up. Not nearly as impressive as your two years though!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to beat a Deuce! Our condolences for your loss. Words don't quite cut it, so will stop now. GLAD your back!! Looking forward to the pics of the truck and those amazing batteries!

jatonka

Bill, Iam so sorry for your loss. and sorry for not staying in touch, Please offer my sympathy to your children also. God Bless her and all of you. John T

TGP (IL)

Sorry for your loss.
Glad to hear your moving forward.
Be sure to check your fluids most importantly the Brake fluid before you drive.
Tom

dabtl

Checking out all the fluids, especially brake fluid. No rush.

We went to the Medal of Honor Parade in Gainesville, Texas, yesterday. My son drove Col. Robert Modrzejewski, MOH, Vietnam, in the parade. The M151 was outfitted with the M60, an M16 and a M79 Grenade Launcher.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks