• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fired up the M936A2 today.

corvette9

Put new batterys in today and she fired right up on the first crank. Motor sounds good, no oil leaks, good oil press. The temp came up as it should. So I,ll call it a good day.
For some reason the oil tank for the wrecker body is very low. PTO engages fine and I can see the oil flowing in the tank. I'd say there is maybe 1/4 tank of oil in there. Nothing on the body is working so I think it is just to low on oil. We looked at all hoses and can't find anything wet with oil. Under the truck is dry so where did that much oil go? If it did not leak out why would they drain the tank? Monday I will fill the tank while the pump is running and watch for leaks. Maybe I will get lucky and there won't be any.

Every thing else seems to work. All lights even the spot lights. Air comes right up and brakes feel good. One cool thing is all the tools are still there. Even 3 rolls of brand new unwrapped rope. 1/4 1/2 and 3/4.

Next week if the crane works I'll take it for a ride.

Wish me luck.

Brian G.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A couple of thoughts come to mind. It may have had a major leak that was repaired and they didn't top off the tank due to cost of fluid and wrecker not being used. Someone may have pumped out some of the fluid to use in another wrecker.