• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Firewall grommets

Dead pilot

Does anyone have a source for the firewall grommets for the main wire harness and steering column? The other wires I'm not too worried about but those ones don't seem to be an easy find.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a source for the firewall grommets for the main wire harness and steering column? The other wires I'm not too worried about but those ones don't seem to be an easy find.

I think they are just ordinary grommets every truck supply should have.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
When spare pieces of hose just won't do, one has to buy stuff.
Actually, one should really climb in there and see all the places the wires are chafing and fix all that, sheets of rubber, double wrap with tape not so good, protect those wires. There is very few harness left to buy.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the steering column just used a piece of cardboard to cover the hole.

Dead pilot

Most of them seems to be the normal kind. It's the one for the main harness that is a pain to find. It seems like it's split and part metal and I'm guessing rubber. My old feel apart when I was taking apart

41cl8m5

I think you are looking for nsn 2590-00-739-7740. It's also military part number 73797744. It comes as two pieces to make hole and there are places that have them new. Including that one auction site. Hope this helps.

Dead pilot

I think you are looking for nsn 2590-00-739-7740. It's also military part number 73797744. It comes as two pieces to make hole and there are places that have them new. Including that one auction site. Hope this helps.
That would be the part. Thanks.

texas30cal

The split one for the wire harness is steel with extremely thin rubber coating, the NOS ones I bough were already starting to rust. I soaked in lacquer thinner to remove rubber, blasted, primed and painted. Then made rubber gasket to go behind it, help seal hole and to help keep harness off firewall. Made a filler for around steering column out of mudflap, used dremel to finish out elliptical hole and screwed in using original holes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks