• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Aid Kit and Fire Extinguisher mounting

chief1983

I got one of the General Purpose First Aid Kits, I want to put it in my 1009 but I'm not sure where it's 'supposed' to go. Is there any sort of standard mounting for these? I read someone used under their jerry can/toolbox mount in the back but that's where my antifreeze is wedged. Is there some sort of official mounting it should have had? I can't find any reference to the kits in the TMs, except for it being mentioned as an additional part in the -10.

GENERAL PURPOSE FIRST AID KITS

Also, I believe I have the original military fire extinguisher mount, is that designed to hold a 5 lb extinguisher?

donalloy1

chief1983, what is the part number of fa kit you collected? I gather oem kit is supposed to mount under front passenger seat. Have seen some mounted by spare. Do you have picture of fa kit that you could attach?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never saw a first aid kit mounted in a CUCV. Should be though, especially if it's metal. Also, the -10 TM lists a 2.5lb extinguisher as standard.

Last edited:

OL AG '89

I also don't recall a first aid kit mounted in a M1009. I think maybe in the ambulance variant and I'm almost sure we had them in track vehicles.
I do however remember the "PAD in bag" that we all carried on our shoulder, LBE.