• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First car show of the year!! (Peoples Choice Award)

RJTM998

Great show and always fun to take home a 🏆.

Attachments

springer1981

Nice truck. Congrats on the win! In one of the pictures I noticed a little damage on the RH cowl. My truck had the same part damaged and it was pretty easy to replace. Here is a link to how I did it. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/my-new-1992-m998-avenger.184818/post-2345715

There was a guy that had them pretty reasonable on ePay for about $70 but I can't find it right now. There are other ones available too.

RJTM998

Really nice to see one of the older HMMWVs represented and looking great. I find that you mostly see the newer stuff (M1123, M1165, etc.). I am not bashing the newer trucks as I have an M1165A1.
Thanks, I agree!! Sadly many of the older M998s have been turned into bubba builds with bed liner paint, different wheels, different seats, H1 "clones" etc. I love the newer HMMWV's but just something about an original OEM M998 that is just classic cool to me. Mine is a 1988 and I kinda wish it was one of the 1985 first ones that went into service. I feel from a collectibility standpoint an early OEM M998 will do well in the future and be sought after.

Autonomy_Lost

Thanks, I agree!! Sadly many of the older M998s have been turned into bubba builds with bed liner paint, different wheels, different seats, H1 "clones" etc. I love the newer HMMWV's but just something about an original OEM M998 that is just classic cool to me. Mine is a 1988 and I kinda wish it was one of the 1985 first ones that went into service. I feel from a collectibility standpoint an early OEM M998 will do well in the future and be sought after.
For sure. Its like a classic corvette vs a new one. Theres a market for both!