• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First CUCV m1008

81K30DRW

I found this on craigslist last night and bought it today. What do you guys think it is worth? The truck has zero rust anywhere not even the battery trays. It was running 2 months ago but now the starter is off of it. I think I got a fair deal at $750 but it needs work. The paint ain't worth a S**t it was green and it was just painted over. Odometer reads 54xxx. I have not decided if I want to part it or not. It also has the troop seats and bows. Can you get a canvas top anywhere?

CUCV 001.jpg

CUCV 002.jpg

CUCV 003.jpg

CUCV 004.jpg

CUCV 005.jpg

CUCV 006.jpg

CUCV 007.jpg

CUCV 008.jpg

CUCV 009.jpg
CUCV 010.jpg

jw4x4

Yea man, the front dif is worth what you paid for the entire truck. I have been eyeing 1008 driveline parts for my 1009.

81K30DRW

Yeah I know I got a deal. I've had 2 Civvy K30s. I still have an 85 dually 4x4 that was a state of Texas truck. I like gov owned stuff. I just sold my 81 SRW this past weekend. It didnt even take me a week to buy another. This truck is real solid but it needs some bodywork to be perfect. I really want to find a new top for the back. I will get better pics when I get it home.

86M10086.2L

Look up GMA cover corp. They make all types of military canvas/vinyl tops including the one for the M1008. You can get them either solid green or camo. They run in the area of 200-250 if I remember correctly. Otherwise rallies, swap meets and the internet for a used one. I'm working on getting the metal parts as we speak for mine. They make a real nice and easy setup camping tent. Thats what mine will be for.

81K30DRW

My buddy is bringing the truck to Houston from Waco for me today. I won't be able to look at till Friday due to college classes. But I know the starter has been removed and it needs both batteries. Is their a check list I should go by to get it running. My dad has a mechanic shop that he started 30 years ago and I have spent my whole life there so I know mechanically what I need to do but do you guys have any tips. I want to get it running and then start putting back like it was orignally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks