• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Deuce M35A2

hilber

Picked this up in Huntsville Al about a month ago. 7 hour drive home went uneventful. I guess pretty good for a 280 mile trip. It has 21,XXX miles and about 700 hrs on the gauges. Little rust and a couple minor leaks. I drive it twice a week around Homer and the outlets at Commerce. Trying to keep it form sitting, soaking and souring. It is a pleasure to look down on the little boys in their little toys.( the lifted 4 Wheel Drives). I have someone already saving WMO and am also looking around for WVO. Also have the promise of a biodiesel outfit if we can come to terms on the price. Like my CUCV M1009 it will have to wait until next year for anything major other than PM and playing.

HOPING TO PICK UP A COVER FOR CARGO AREA AND SPARE TIRE AT GA RALLY. I ALSO THINK SOME PARTS ARE MISSING FROM THE CARRIER.

Attachments

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you need for the tire carries is a cable (1/4"?) and a plate with two holes to fit two bolts in the lug holes. You're missing the pioneer tool rack, which should be easy to find with the tools. And good deals on covers pop up often. Nice truck, is it a turbo?

hilber

You did well on that trip to bring her home. I had to take a break to rest my backside after about 3 hours. Total trip was about 5 hours including that break and one stop to fuel up.

Picture: 1st fuel stop on my first trip
I did stop a few times. Wife was leading and she has to potty all the time. LOL

Big Z

Maybe somebody in the classifieds will sell the brackets cheap and you can get new mirror heads & spot mirrors. Food for thought... I tend to believe that good BIG mirrors are absolutely necessary for safely driving trucks. But I don't know nothin... :p

Attachments

hilber

Maybe somebody in the classifieds will sell the brackets cheap and you can get new mirror heads & spot mirrors. Food for thought... I tend to believe that good BIG mirrors are absolutely necessary for safely driving trucks. But I don't know nothin... :p
You probably know more than you are admitting. I totally agree on the mirror thingie. I have driven OTR before when I was between pastoring Churches. I am not too proud to do anything legal to feed my family.

197thhhc

Its a nice looking truck. You can buy the long mirrors cheap and fab up brackets that come off the windshield frame. Is not expensive and looks good too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks