• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Deuce - Picked It Up Today

longhorn789

Bought my first Deuce today. 1969 Kaiser with winch, buckboards and ribs sans top, and hardtop with ring mount cut out and cover. Actual ring mount assembly is gone.

Hercules multifuel, heater, turbo, power assist steering, eather injection, all there and in good order apparently.

Emergency brake shoe missing or sitting in pieces in floor.

I drove the chase vehicle while my business partner and truck co-owner drove the thing 75 miles back home.

Now I'm in the market for the tools that go on the spare tire rack, cover for the bed, period correct gas can, and paint to arrest the surface rust on the bed. Any sources for these items would be appreicated.

I'm told that the rubberized bed tops are the ones to look for??

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as paint goes, I'm a fan of Gillispie paint from www.rapcoparts.com . Some people like CARC paint also (it's what the military uses). I have no idea where to get CARC.

Stan Leschert

Nice. You got some work to do, but you're off to a good start. As for the bed paulin cover, rubberized is the only way to go. Check the classifieds here, and make sure to download the TMs for your truck. I would also highly recommend a hard copy (Which can be got on E-Pay) as laptop confusers are not real grease friendly, and tend to get beat up on the workbench!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats to what looks like a nice, very complete truck. It is surprisingly $$ to add the cargo bows, troop seats etc. after the fact.
I agree with what someone said: It does not matter how much you paid for the truck. How much did you spend on it?

As for the parking brake shoes: they are easily available from the vendors here; a bit pricey, and you may want to see if you have a brake shop in your area that can re-line them for you.

Make sure you get all the technical manuals (TM) for the truck!!

dabtl

You need to join with us and Vietnam Veterans of America Chpt. 920 in the Medal of Honor Parade in Gainesville on April. You will be a welcome addition.

Congrats on your first duece. I saw this one listed here in Dallas but never had a chance to go take a look.

Keep me posted on how it goes if you have the time, I'm just now starting the hut for my first acquisition.

roscoe

I bought a fuel can from Deuceman on here. It seems like quite a few people get the tools for the rack locally and customize to fit. I found some additional fuel cans from a guy locally. You will find that all the other MV crazies will be drawn out when they see your truck in operation.:)