• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Deuce What is best way to get a plate in NJ

THEROAD

I just got a Deuce from Gov liquidations. What is the best way to get a license plate for New Jersey? My son has Deuce registered in PA with an antique license plate. Is this option in NJ?
Thanks
CB

FormerNewMVGuy

Yes. I have mine done with antique plates,$44. one time fee for the regitration, Ins. through condon and skelly for 104 dollars a year , To get the antique plates you must go to trenton and get them or mail it in and wait!
Where abouts in Jersey are you? I am in the stockton area.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
go to trenton and get them, dont do the send in the mail deal. a friend of mine wanted historic tags for a motorcycle he had and figured since he never rode it he would just send in the mail for the tags. he waited months and ended up moving before he got the tags. trenton isnt bad, i been in and outta there quick. make sure you bring a few pics when you go, they want a front and side pic if i remember correctly. nobody told me this when i went there and my truck wanst home yet and was far away. i ended up takin pics at an export business of one they had and goin to one hour photo with a disposeable cam lol.

THEROAD

Thanks guys for the quick replies and info. I am in the Brick NJ area. The first stop for the trucks will be my son's farm in PA. The Deuce's are coming from Anneville auction. My son now has three; this is my first. Do you run them on the roads much? I will want to bring it over to NJ and store it locally. My neighbors would probably grip if I parked it on the street!! My son just got a box truck version he wants to take a torch to it to make a 4 wheeler.

FormerNewMVGuy

I run mine all over the place, and since i run it on waste ATF it is cheap to drive!!
Yeah i went to trenton to get my plates, took longer to find a place to park, than it did to get the plates!

Mike_Pop

Hey THEROAD,

I'm right in Neptune. We've got a small group of guys interested in forming a club for the Jersey Shore if you are interested. Also, I have a deuce and I park it in Wall Twp near the airport. It's $100 per month. I know that there are other lots around where you can pay to park your truck.

Shoot me an email so we can get together and check out your deuce.

mpop5555@aol.com