• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First deuce

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
When you guys got your first deuce, what did it run you? I have seen posts about spending 1500 on transport in addition to the gl cost. What kind of money did you guys spend to get your first deuce and get it home? I am trying to assess how much I should offer up to if this cracker offers more than I did.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
$1200, drove it home 130 miles after buying a piece of plexiglass and roll of duct tape for the windshield. Drove the scenic route 66 out of Barstow, was a blast! I would have to say Will probably has us all beat with the best deal I've ever heard of.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Cost me about $3000 to buy it. If it runs well enough to drive home then you just have insurance which cost me $90 for six months, fuel, filters, spare parts, bribe for friend or wife to drive you out there, and AAA RV Plus just incase you get stuck.

I hope these are just the low ball sale prices, or I might end up feeling like I paid too much.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This summer, two deuces at approximately $2500 each. One from GL and one on Ebay. Drove one home 40 miles. Rollback for the other one ($150 for 40 miles). Both in pretty good condition.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My one deuce cost me $181.10 and I towed it home with my pickup. Some assmebly, a 40 cent compression and a replacment tranny and I was driving it. BTW, after doing a rolling restoration I sold it for $4500 to a guy locally. He sold it less than a year ago for $8000. Other than that, bought a gasser tractor for $750, paid $4500 for my tractor and $4300 for the wrecker.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
$3,050 for one with 6K miles and less than 1K hours belonged to the PA NG. Started on the first push, drove it home over 300 miles without an incident of course I was wearing my BDU's while I drove it and removed all the GOVLIQ markings before getting it on the road. It got over 12 MPG on that trip. My insurance for the historic truck is $140 per year and it costs $52 for two years of registration. This truck came with a spare, tarp an bows and a bag full of shear pins for the winch as well as the standard BII tools and air hose. Considering what this truck cost in 1970 and how it destroys unsuspecting parking lot snow piles, there is no better deal in my fleet. Also how would I tow the M969 five ton bolster trailer?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gave $4,000 for mine. Came with SF-97, extra tires, a spare engine (complete), 3 springer seats, engine gasket set, trans gasket set, extra front shocks, 24V impact wrench, ladder, troop seats, new bows for cab and bed, winch, new canvas for cab and bed, M105A1 trailer, spare seat covers, extra gages, extra trans., new set of westcoast mirrors, extra filters, extra fender, extra toolbox and brackets, pioneer rack and tools,...other misc.

Knucklehead

My first was a 1963 Studebaker with the LDS-427-2. Paid $900 for it and drove it home, that 427 was a better performer than a 465, that truck screamed. Sold it for $4500 after paint. Second was an AMGen. Paid $3500 for it and $250 to haul it home 25 miles.Sold it for $3000 and a Volvo Sugga command car.

badgeboy16

A few weeks ago, $500 for 2 M211's - 1 W/W , 1 WO/W. Both run, although one someone has transplanted a Chevy motor into and removed the front rear axle.(For parts anyway) Both minus the cargo bed, but I got 8 extra wheels & tires and a homemade hard top thrown in for now. I didn't want to chance the drive home since these are my first MV's, so the 18wheeler ride home cost me another $500 & 6pack of pepsi.

Runs and drives great around the house! Can't wait to get it on the road.

ida34

$1400 and drove it home 70 miles with no problems. Bought from GL. Good luck on getting an advertised runner from GL for $1400 now a days.

JDToumanian

$2000 + $350 for a 120 mile round trip tow home, though all it needed to get it running was batteries and a fuel pump fuse.

Jon

rdixiemiller

$3000 from an individual seller, drove it home 165 miles. Single radials, new vinyl cab top, drivers spring seat, jack, air hose, lug wrench, fresh oil, filter, and lube job. 1/2 tank of fuel to boot!
Had a current Alabama title.

gbooth

$2500 Clean no rust, no broken or cracked windows.extra complete engine and tires with the dimples still on them.

67Beast

$1000, trailered it home 50 miles because of no air pressure. The PO thought it had a blown compressor. Head gasket on the compressor was bad, $1 in gasket material and I was driving it 1/2 hour after I got it home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks