• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First deuce

David_4x4

We gave $5500 for our M35A2 wo/w and with an M105A2 trailer and title. Truck is in perfect running order with very minor things that were needed here and there.

Our M135s have been much cheaper on the other hand. $500 for a running titled M135 with a horrible cab and my dads friend dropped off a good bodied non running parts truck at our house.

All in all not to bad.

cbvet

I paid $5000 for a near-perfect 1970 M35a2 with an ammo trailer & a pole trailer. Deuce also has the insulated cargo cover, cargo compartment multifuel heater, winter covers for the hood, side panels, & grill. Drove the whole works home 1,000 mlies without a problem. I know there are cheaper deals, but I wanted to start off with a truck that was ready to go. For me, it is perfect.
Second deuce is a 1952 gas M35 with winch. Several members suggested it was worth $600 at most. While I appreciated the input, I didn't follow their advice. I bought it for $3000 & drove it home 20 miles. I now have a total of $4000 in it. All that's left is paint. Otherwise it's perfect.
I guess it just comes down to what it's worth to YOU. How far do you have to go to get it, can it be driven home, how much TIME & MONEY will you have to put into it?
I know some will disagree, but I think any deuce that looks good, runs good, & can be safely DRIVEN home is worth $5000.
Eric

ida34

MrAugust said:
£5000 pounds... thats double your dollers at mo... 180 doller to pound at mo... lol u lot get a good deal.... n that was a decent price....
The louvers on your side engine cover is interesting. Did this one come directly from US inventory or was it in another counties inventory?

FreightTrain

Banned
$3900 bucks for mine and I think it was 950 bucks shipping.But I got mine from Joe Young and had it sent semi from Jersey to Bama.I was gonna go up and drive it home 900 miles but then I had a moment of Sanity.

cbvet

Freight Train,
You insinuate that driving a Deuce 900 miles is insanity.
You may be right, but I've got to tell you, it was FUN!
At this point in my life, I try to avoid those rare moments of sanity.
Eric

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps I'm insane also but I rather like driving my deuces and 900 miles is a piece of cake. Freight Train, you're going to find that the lot of deuce folks here aren't afraid of taking their deuces on the long road. As I've told lots of folks, once you actually plan and take a long trip, you will love deuce tripping. Welcome to Steel Soldiers!

colyork

I got mine for $5500,but the truck had been completely refurbished. I figured that finding one on gl that was in the same condition wasn't going to happen. Also we verl seldom see on on gl that is close by. When I bought it I wasn't a member of this site so so I may have payed too much but I love having that truck It is still too cool! :driver: [thumbzup]

MrAugust

ida34 said:
MrAugust said:
£5000 pounds... thats double your dollers at mo... 180 doller to pound at mo... lol u lot get a good deal.... n that was a decent price....
The louvers on your side engine cover is interesting. Did this one come directly from US inventory or was it in another counties inventory?

Field conversion im told the truck was taken out of service in 2oo2,,,,,, so who knows.. keeps him kool im summer and when getting a good hammering up these big hills

FreightTrain

Banned
well,I am kinda glad I didn't.Found a nasty little time delay bug in the headlights after I got it.After about 15-20 minutes the breaker would trip inside the dash tripple tree and all lighting would shut down.Wait about 60 seconds and it would come back on.But when I would have been driving home there was a big East coast Blizzard(left out late december got stuck for a day or two in transit and showed Up I think January 2nd.On top of that I had a really crappy job bringing home 220 bucks a week on a full week check.But I had my priorities straight.....GET DUECE Then pay bills.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:
$3900 bucks for mine and I think it was 950 bucks shipping.But I got mine from Joe Young and had it sent semi from Jersey to Bama.I was gonna go up and drive it home 900 miles but then I had a moment of Sanity.
where's the challenge in that? Drive it, man!!

FreightTrain

Banned
After I got it I did drive it.I actually parked my Dually for about 2 months and drove NOTHING but the Deuce.Get some wild looks pulling up at a Fast food joint,Blockbuster,or Walmart in the thing.....oh yea,I kept driving it for about 6 months before I even bothered with a tag or insurance......Heck,Who is gonna pull one of these things over.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks