• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First GL purchase and paypal question

oddave715

I made my first purchase on GL today, at least I think so. I got the green light when I bid and it never went above that amount. I see no invoice or amount to pay. I submitted my paypal info when I bid on the item tonight. But I don't have that much money in the account yet and I have no idea between buyer premium and taxes what to put in the account. What do I need to do? Do I just wait until they send a request for funds to paypal or do I need to have to have at least enough to cover the auction in the account before they try to take it? HELP PLEASE! Thanks

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Relax and wait until tomorrow when they generate billing for all the auction items. Give them a call and sort out the payment with them on the phone.

Rick

goldneagle

The winning notification is sent after Midnight. You need to have the bid amount plus 10% and maybe another 8% to cover all the fees.

MtnSnow

Yep you pre-authorized the charge. Need to have the Bid amount +10% buyers premium + whatever State Sales tax is at the SELLING location = amount to have available for withdrawal.

Artisan

In your email you will see a BID CONFROMATION . If someone outbids
you, you will see an email that says YOU HAVE BEEN OUTBID. If you see
no YOU HAVE BEEN OUTBID emails you are probably the winner.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, you're 3 hours ahead of AZ (Where GL is) so they may not try and take the money until around 11 AM or 12 PM tomorrow your time.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On the paypal deal, do they just take the money or do they have to request it like other transactions I have had?
They just take it, you authorized it when you bid unless you hit the CC button. Call them first thing as usually they charge your account around noon the day after the sale.

oddave715

This was a huge learning experience. Next time put the money in before you bid...

So last night I went out to get a moneypak and put the amount in my paypal account. Couldn't find the card at Walmart. I looked online and 7/11 had them. So I run over there. Cards won't load. Guy at check out says try a PayPal card, sure enough they have a card with paypal on it. Card has $500 per day limit. I needed to put $658 in PayPal. Great now what. By the way the paypal card worked. Its just barely after midnight by the time I get the paypal card loaded and transferred online into my account. In the midst of this I have locked my keys in the car and a nice lady went home and got me a coat hanger. At this point I have given up on getting the rest of the money into my Paypal account and go home. Today I did a little research and found out that coinstar kiosks can load cash directly to your paypal account. Did a search and I drive to the next town over and load some money up. Machine wouldn't take one of my twentys and I ended up tearing it in two trying to smooth it out. So I got everything loaded except for $10 and had to go wait inline to exchange the twenty. I loaded it up forgetting that at this point I only needed $10 in the account. Somewhere between the two Coinstar Kiosk cash loads Gov Liquidation hit my Paypal account and the extra $10 was withdrawn from my bank account. I now have an extra twenty in Paypal and the lot is paid for!!!!!

wdbtchr

I dropped my paypal account for just that reason, I'm NOT going to link my bank account to paypal because I've seen too many problems. They told me I had reached the maximum $2ooo limit for using a credit card and I had to link it or close the account. Go figure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks