• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First hmmwv

Santa

Just basic stuff now, lighting package, paint and body work, interior, soft doors and top. Drivetrain oil and filters, batteries. Just want a good driver now. Can upgrade as money allows.

Crapgame

Santa, I'm South of you in Navarre, got two original M1025A2 GMV variants, and waiting on EUC on a 1994 M1097A1 sitting in Albany, GA. I've got the 6.5l HMMWV engine sling and other specialized tools, etc. The Dixie Division Military Vehicles Club out of Alabama is the closest club that has activities, a yearly event at the USS Alabama in Mobile being one of them. Let me know if you need any help or manuals.

Santa

Santa, I'm South of you in Navarre, got two original M1025A2 GMV variants, and waiting on EUC on a 1994 M1097A1 sitting in Albany, GA. I've got the 6.5l HMMWV engine sling and other specialized tools, etc. The Dixie Division Military Vehicles Club out of Alabama is the closest club that has activities, a yearly event at the USS Alabama in Mobile being one of them. Let me know if you need any help or manuals.
hey crap game,thanks for the reply. That’s great, I get to Navarre every now and then to fish. Would love to see what you’ve done. What do you do with your rides? I have a hunting club on the river with lots of mud.
hope to chat with you some day.

Santa

Hey squirrel, Fairhope is just across the bay. lets com pair notes all along. Haven’t seen mine yet as it’s in Ga. with combat trucks. I’ll be doing a detailed review of the outcome.

Crapgame

I have a 94 M1097A1 in Albany for which the EUC should clear any day now. That one, I'm not sure if I am going to drop the 6.5l GEP-T/4L80E/NP242 and hard top/turret kit on it or just throw a 4 man rag top and doors to flip with a title real quick.

I want to use my keeper truck for youth outreach thru the church, VFW support for parades, crash the Friday night classic car shows, the usual.

Chief B

Hey Santa, I'm also in Milton. We will need to get together some time. You know when you plan on getting yours yet?

Chief B

Sounds good chief. Not sure how long they will have it. They picked it up from Georgia about a week ago.
how is your build coming?
I do not think mine will ever be done. I simply do a little here and there as time and money allow (or as things break). This week I'm putting my half shaft back on. Was going to rebuild it, but decided I'm better off just buying a new one to get back on the road. I may still rebuild the broken one to keep as a spare, but this way I can take my time.

BLK Beast

Sounds good chief. Not sure how long they will have it. They picked it up from Georgia about a week ago.
how is your build coming?
I just started my M1123 A2 project with a company from Kentucky. Approx. Build out time is 3 weeks. Striping paint to Matt black CARC, Bed Liner including tunnels, LED Lighting, new speed hut gauge kit, sound system and so on...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks