• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First long road trip in M920

R Racing

Thats the short bridge ! LOL You ought to see solomons is 197 feet over the water with 3 feet jersey walls and nothing else! a favorite of local jumpers . it scares the begeebies out of anyone in a truck lol

Bighurt

I meant the overhead height...

Heights don't bother me in the slightest, bumping my head is always a concern.

Your truck is really sharp looking, did you get that from GL? Now I'm jealous...

M270 looks like an old 80 something bravo trailer from the USAF. If I was to guess late 80's based on the missing spare and the newer style landing gear.

I have to ask, what do you plan to use the M920 /M270 combo for? Aside from being awesome!

R Racing

Yes the M920 was a GL purchase from fort Meade . I honestly was looking for a truck and trailer to haul my JD710C , JD 260 skidsteer, and a JD 4320 tractor all at the same time. I do volunteer work and sometimes drag my stuff all over the place. was getting tired on waiting on other peoples scheduals and the oh it cost more than I was thinking to haul your stuff , So I decided to look for another truck. The F350 was hating the JD 260 and 4320 by themselfs on a 35 ft deck . it did ok in the flats but started tearing things up when a mountian path was used. Was looking at a M916 at first but this 1 was to nice to pass up. Now I need to work on a ramp system and make a full deck up to the 5th wheel.

powerhouseduece

Good to see the trip went well!! The GF and I drove the 818 to OC MD last summer, she hated going over the bay bridge. When we got to the top I told her to look out and down, she freaked out and made me move over to the fast lane. I lol'd the whole time!

Thats a nice looking trailer, now i know who to call if I break down or haul my truck down to the Ga rally for me! only a 16hour drive ;)

Attachments

Bighurt

Thanks for the info on the trailer !! :p Jwaller said it was airforce . The data tag says 1-84 its made by Vulcan.
Yup Vulcan made many of the Bravo trailer's for the AF. The reg number was most likely 84BXXXX with the X's being the last four of the trailers S/N. Depending on when it left the AF inventory it may have been five X's as LRS has changed from 7 to 8 character reg numbers in the last 2-3 years.

Good trailer some of them had some very strange loading diagrams. The 7Q trailers were definitely particular on loads. We had a lot of problems with the 85B's and the 89X (7Q trailers) and frame welds a decade ago. So much so that the AF along with the DOD went and bought hundreds of Super trailers after the successful test in 05'. Needless to say after years of building, purchase, and running the Nuclear certification gauntlet they were delivered to units. Only to discover at the field level they had critical weld issues at the joints. They are now condemned from use DOD wide for Nuclear use.

I'm hoping they start popping up on GL. They were really great trailers but a hasty production schedule and poor welds seams to have lead to some critical production errors. I don't doubt they would be a great trailer for what I myself and you seam to be doing with them.

As for your use, I have a similar need in mind. I own a construction company, still getting my feet dirty. However it would be nice to have some earth moving equipment for landscape and foundation work. I intend to use the M915A1/M871 combo for bulk material handling. Even though a GN will accomplish my current needs I sorta wanted another MV.

:beer:

R Racing

Powerhouse, I use to date a girl that had a bridge phobia lol She would crawl up under the dash. never saw anything like it !! If you ever need a tow cause your broken down or bought something big would be happy to help.