• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First M1009

army326

Brought my M1009 home to toledo, OH from flint, MI today. took a greyhound bus up to get it. the drive home was better! only problem i had was one of the left side turn signal bulbs went out on the way home. i know how everyone is about pics, i will get some tomorrow. i haven't driven one since i was in the army over 15 years ago- very nostalgic, actually misted up for a moment. it has found a good home.:grin:

jw4x4

Congrats to you for the 1009. Glad to see it has a good home. Maybe you will get the fever and you are able to show up at a rally or two. Good fun, good friends.

army326

turn signal fixed. first time i checked bulbs, just checked filiments and condition. front bulb was incorrect part. added new flasher too. works great now.

army326

it was from private owner. he bought it GL picked up at lansing depot. he had a hardship and reluctantly sold to me. he put new u-joints, one battery, and filled it up with diesel for my trip home. he never got to put it on the road himself.

army326

I want to thank everyone for all the help and great advice. i look forward to restoring this steel soldier to original condition and taking it to shows and parades. since it is retired from the army now i want it to have an easy life.:-D

ASTFU

You will be happy with your 1009. Mine is the best truck i ever owned it has not let me down.(knock on wood) almost 10,000 miles without problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks