• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

first M37

popz76

I'm picking up my 62 M37 next week...the dash panel has two empty holes either side of the speedo. I've seen pis of these with covers of some sort..what 'supposed to be there ??

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure which holes you mean. There are four gauges, two each side of speedo. There is a large knock-out @ four inches dia. to the right of speedo. I think it is for the defroster?

Bill W

:ditto:

But if thats the case than you have the early dash panel ( 1951-54 models ) later B1 models ( 1958-68 ) had a different lights on the panel which were the same type as on the m-35's, so if yours is a 1963 you have the older model panel which is no biggie if your not going for model year corectness.
Below is the early model instrument panel

Attachments

Last edited:

majorhitt

My M37 has the covered instrument lights, the M37 you have should have red lenses, one on each side of the speedo. Like Bill W said, The panel in your truck could have changed. In my picture lookingl at the panel, top left gauge is the volt, top right is the fuel, bottom left is the water temp, bottom right is the oil pressure, the two blank things one on each side of the speedo are the panel lights, they direct the light back into the panel.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks