• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First MEP-803a

Guyfang

Staff member
Try all these numbers, when looking.

New Alternator: NSN 6115-01-459-1661
Old Alternator: NSN 6115-01-368-2911

Part # 8EM3005CA
Part # 110-489
Part # 88-21154
Part # 8MR3005CA

tarster

Here is who is shown on the Prestolite page... not sure if its helpful.

I would call any local alternator repair shops (if you can even find one) to see if they can service what you have.
I found at least one a bit closer to me, looks like there are a few in Portland as well if I really have to go up there :ROFLMAO:

Thank you gents! You are amazing, Ill go see if I can find a sticker on mine.. Not sure I will being early 90's machine, but we shall see!

tarster

This is not the proper Alternator for your set anyway. Look at the part number on the Alt. Look at the list I sent. See that number?
I went and looked that up, the number that is easily seen is the voltage regulator part which who knows may be bad.. Lol

I think the next time its nice outside Ill go pull the alternator and actually check it all over. As for right now.. I can get by with just using my battery tender, I have it setup to the slave port, I have a Noco G15000 that does 24v so it works out, also have 2 brand new batterys in there, I know 2x individual 12v chargers are better, but that requires buying new chargers and I have this one already.

tarster

@tarster There is always the possibility that your alternator just needs some new diodes. Not generally all that pricey.
Im planning to take it apart when I get it out of the gen set here and see what I can see and test before buying anything.. New ones are dang expensive for what it is..

tarster

Finally had some time to get on this, turns out the alternator that was in there was a prestolite so I may just try putting a new control board on it and see what I get.

Picked up a new alternator from a guy on eBay out of England.

Went to take the old unit off and boy.. I think the military got their use out of this belt!

Attachments

tarster

Although not the correct alternator. Is it possible the Belt was the original problem not making enough contact to produce power?
Highly possible, when disconnecting the wires I did see that the exciter stud was really loose, Im still going to put the new one in place and then my plan is to take time looking over the old alternator or maybe have it tested, if it needs a new control board those are only like 20 bucks and should be easy to put in place and then either i have a spare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks