• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First MV new to me m1009

chevyguy1976

For right now it's just gonna be a driver. I have done the Doghead mod, and will be doing the glowplug relay, and spin on fuel filter mod as well. If I decide I really like it I do have access to a 700r4 and 373 gears. needs some rust repair and a a paint job as well. The dang old thing runs and starts so good I really hate to mess with it too much. I am a firm believer in the saying " If it aint broke, don't fix it till it is" The PO did most of the fun stuff like fluids wheel bearings, brakes, hoses, belts, and tires. I have taken it on a couple of longer trips and it pulls 20-22mpg. Paid a whopping $1300 for it.

chevyguy1976

Thanks guys, It has been fun to drive around so far, and the MPG has my old 76 chevy 3/4 4x4 beat all to heck. I have been around older chevy's all my life and the parents still run a little salvage yard on the side so I have plenty of civilian parts around for it. Don't have much experience with the 6.2 or the 24 volt system but with the tm's and all the info on here I think I can figure it out. never done any body work so this will be an education if I decide to fix her up. if I do I will start a build thread. When we went to look at it, I did not think the wife would like it. We test drove it and when we got back she was already "telling" me what we should offer for it lol, and if I repaint it I have to do the three color camo. I should have known she does like guns and action movies. Now if I could just convince her we need a duce.