• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Parade in my truck

mbarber84

Hey all,

I hope you all are doing well. This past weekend, I ventured in to my first parade operation in my deuce. I pulled the TEAC (Technology Education Association of California University of PA) float in our homecoming parade. I graduated from the Tech Ed program there a few years ago, and a bunch of my younger buddies who are still enrolled asked if I would pull their float. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity! The truck was a huge hit with all, and the combination took 3rd place overall. Not a bad way to spend a weekend! It was a nice break from the last few weeks, as my father just recently passed away, a victim of a sudden heart attack. Here are few pics of the parade and the truck, enjoy! (I certainly did!!) :)

Attachments

mbarber84

Thanks for the kind words all, it really helps. Its nice to be a part of this family, its comforting. The parade was a real blast, I think there will be 2 MV`s next year, going to try to pull the float with my buddy`s M818, and then I`ll be demoted to the "cheer wagon" haha as if riding your favorite MV through a parade with a bunch of good looking women in the back is a bad thing....haha

cheers all!

gunboy1656

Sorry to hear about your loss, Nice pics..I bet it took your mind away from things for a bit.

Let me know when the parade is, I will bring mine down...help chase. only a couple hours north by deuce.

Orionspath

Driving with Dad......I remember.

I remember being a kid in the late 60's when I went with my Dad to pick up a convertable from the local Ford Dealership. He drove for someone important who sat in the back seat. I felt important sitting next to him in the front.
It has been 25 years since my father passed though I think of him often. Especially on the longer drives in the Deuce when I'm by myself......though not alone in thought.
My first opportunity to drive in a parade happened to be in a 1988 AM General M35A2C on the 4th of July, 2008. It has proven to be a great opportunity for the children and promotion of our interest in MV's.....
So drive that truck every chance you have! And remember........

Attachments

Scarecrow1

Man I'm so sad to hear of the loss of your Father I only hope you can cope and heal with his passing. If you ever need to talk I'm here. On a happier subject your truck looks great LoL.
I keep saying someday someday I can stop supporting grown kids and start buying Stuff for MY second childhood :twisted:

Wozdirt

Matt,
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father.
Glad to hear you were representing at the parade. Your truck looks great!
My wife was trying to get something going with the CalU chemistry club, where we would tow their float or be the banner truck. But, it didn't get worked out in time.
She came home after the parade with pics of your truck on her phone, and informed me we should have been there.:-(
Here are a few pics of your truck on campus.
Pm me if you want to get together and talk trucks some time.

Ray

Attachments

mbarber84

WOW! Small world! I didnt know I had steelsoldiers members that close to me! Its nice to meet you guys, as a matter of fact I DO remmber talking to her about your truck now that you said that!

Awesome!, We will have to make it a point to do a cruise some time. I have a bunch of buddies in our area that have trucks. Please keep in touch!