• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Start in Several Years

salt6

Well, got it started today. Got it last summer from the Arkansas foresty department. It had been a parts truck for there fleet. No major assemblies missing just small stuff.

I've been working on it steadly for the last few weeks between cold spella and rain. Changed the oil and filters last week. Then today installed the glow plug relay and finished hooking up the wires on the firewall, thanks Warthog.

Bleed the fuel ine first. I was worried about water. I had a fuel can but it only took half the can when I fueled it. Let the fuel set in a little bit and didn't see any water. So, I hooked up the filter and bleed it next. Next hooked up everything and tried to start it. After several atempts she ran.

I made my wifes Christmas deadline. :jumpin:

I feel alot better now. Time to get the small stuff done and get it on the road.

Thanks to the guys here for all the help.

Steve

Ps My wife made a movie. :)

YouTube - first start

Last edited:

southdave

Dude, I know how you feel I have been on mine for about 2 years.. good luck keep plugin away..
Is the title of the movie "You dumbass" lol.. I hear that every time that truck is seen by any female in my family.. It serves as my motovation not to give them the satifacion...

AllenEM

I know what it is like. I just got mine running too. (new to me engine) still working out some of the little things like no lights, no wipers, no heater fan, rear window handle broken and no third gear. but it runs and moves so the city can't say anything and I can move it to cut the grass and I have also done a 1 ton conversion on it while I was putting in the engine

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW !!!! My name on the big screen. Thanks

Great job on getting her back together.

OL AG '89

Warthog
YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!

Now get back to WORK!!! LOL

Steve,

Nice truck!!!!
Good job getting wife to "HELP" make movie, at least now she has a stake in it.....