• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First time bidding

kassim503

Hey guys,

So ive been thinking about manning up and seeing what all of this GL fuss is about on some items that are closing in the next three days. Now just to get it right, I have to register with GL, bid & hopefully win, pay, then set up a pickup time within a few days, go out for a trip, and come home with a car full of garbage! Am I missing anything here?

Additionally, Is there any load out assistance available? Its two crates that should weigh in around 500 lbs a piece, and I know there is no way that id be able to lump that pig in by myself

Last edited:
Well you also have to setup a way to pay before you will even be allowed to bid. Also once you win you will have paper work to fill out and fax back. Once that is received and reviewed and correct you will wait for your EUC to clear. During this time the item you won and paid up front for may be damaged, pilfered by others, and/or lost. Once you finally go to pick it up what they try to give you may or may not be what was shown in the pictures and may or may not fit the description given.

velociT

You cannot mention upcoming lots. Including what they are and location. Please edit your post.

If it requires a EUC expect a 70 business day wait on your first.

mistaken1

So ive been thinking about manning up and seeing what all of this GL fuss is about on some items that are closing in the next three days. Now just to get it right, I have to register with GL, bid & hopefully win, pay, then set up a pickup time within a few days, go out for a trip, and come home with a car full of garbage!
For non-EUC items that is basically correct. You may or may not get help at the site loading, the auction may clarify or call the site manager. Then again they could be busy or their fork truck broken when you show up to get your goodies.

kassim503

Hey,
Thanks for all of the great input- it is not a EUC item, and glad to hear I got the steps right. Ill keep a contingency plan for hoisting the stuff into the car. Never know, mabye a 101 trailer will be on the way home next month if everything goes well this time.:)

velociT

Thanks for editing your post.

Lots that get mentioned obviously have much more interest.

If you ever need an inspection, you can say 'Need inspection near xxxxx city'

goodguyzy

there are a lot bad stories about GL here. Mine goes like this: won a m101a2 waited for EUC to clear so i could not use this trailer for a WMD. had no tires or wheels. GL loaded it onto trailer with no damage and was extremely nice. (fort lewis) washington location. got a nice trailer that looks like it was rebuilt just before auction (thanks uncle sam for wasting more money)

Scarecrow1

Go for it It's the only way to learn . I have not had so much fun in a long time for so little money . I found a trailer I liked placed my highest bid I was willing to pay and won it ...mind you like yourself I had never bid on anything that required an euc . It to my surprise cleared in 33 days . A six hundred mile road trip with my son and thats a wrap . I know some people have had bad luck but I guess I was one of the lucky ones .GL was very helpfull even down to a guy named Michael in Richmond Virginas GL yard . . It was a very worth while experiance. To top it all off I have a new toy to play with .....:)

OL AG '89

Just won a M1009 from Ft.Sill.... Who got the other one? First time with GL so more to come. I'm hoping they want it off their books and property sheets by NEW YEAR....
Looks in great shape, no run, no keys (got some of them) typical flats..... we'll see what the real story is when I get up there!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks