• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Time GL Buyer Advice?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good grief, are we going to rip on every newer member/poster on the site from now on?

I have purchased two Deuces, one private and one GL. Both were around $2,500 out the door and both were road worthy. Both lasted about 500 miles until they were no longer road worthy. Now I work to keep them going. I'll probably have $500-1,000 in each one to get them back out on the road.

For the first I would probably buy private so I could drive it to check it out.

Read the info on the site.

Good luck.

sw

paulfarber

You can preview at GL.

'Test Driving' a truck means little. The lot in Mechanicsburg let me try and start my deuce, test battery, check brake pedal.

I doubt a private seller is going to let you rip the truck apart in the driveway.

For the money you can save, the GL route is hard to pass up. If you are going to own a vehicle that takes 20 minutes to inspect before you even start it up you need to have it set in your mind that its not a jump in and go vehicle.

Plus the added premium most want (private sale plane jane M35 wo/w are $3000) is not justified. They have the same truck of a GL lot that you can get for half price.

No one has fully explained what that extra $1500-2000k is getting you.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at this as a fixer upper purchase when looking to buy from GL. I have been looking at the M816 wreckers because I can use one in my business. If I get it from GL I might find one at Warner Robbins for around 5000 then maybe 500 to 1000 to get it home so then ruffly 6000 its sitting in my yard " Hope fully doesn't become yard art"...lol But then I can start to work on it one part at a time if needed sure I might have another 1000 or so to get it all working but I would have to spread it out over time if needed. This seems more possible to me then going out and paying 15,000 to 25,000 for one of the ready to go.

If im lucky while it sitting maybe I will be able to still use the crane! That is what Im hoping for.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some people on hear says it would not effect EUC's but time will tell.

What are government needs to do is get off their over paid buts and :grd: