• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First time here, from south jersey!

detroitdiesel4x4

Hey guys, i'd like to introduce myself and give you some background. Hopefully i'll be frequent flyer on here so I want you all to know me. My name is mike, i'm from south jersey in a small town. As of now I don't own a MV (don't know if that's against the rules) but I'm looking for one as soon as possible. My interest in MV's started when I was in about 8th grade, and i've been researching them ever since. I don't know of anybody with a CUCV but I know a few people with deuce's, HMMWV's (those things are sick!) and jeeps etc. I'm mostly interested in either an m1008 or m1028a1 CUCV and plan to use that as my daily driver. I grew up on farms, so I have quite a bit of experience with all different kinds of vehicles. I've been building 80's Toyota trucks since I was in high school (I have 4 currently) So if anybody needs help with a Toyota 4x4, give me a shout, I just about know them inside and out. Right now, i'm looking to find the chevy I've been dreaming about and build up on that alittle bit, I've wheeled all different kinds of vehicles, but never built or wheeled a CUCV so hopefully it'll be a great experience! I also belong to www.yotatech.com where I documented most of my Toyota builds, so feel free to browse in there....and I know, I know, foreign cars..haha!

steelandcanvas

Welcome from the High Plains of Colorado! You don't have to be a MV owner to be here, but we are not responsible for you being bitten by the Green Bug. Consider yourself warned!

DeucesWild11

Welcome from neighboring NY! Down in South Jersey you can't be too far from Ft Dix and Ft Mead in MD is not that far either. They have auctions rather frequently on these types of vehicles if you want to get an auction truck. It seems like you're rather mechanical so that shouldn't be a problem getting one from an auction.

rickf

Welcome from Pemberton, Where abouts are you? There is a a guy in Toms River that sell parts here and he recently had a few trucks for sale. There are currently several up for sale at Ft. Dix on G/L.

Rick

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

Hello from SC I was on this site for a year before I had my first MV so just keep looking you will find the right one ..........Oh my wife gave me her 4runner and bought a Highlander it's one of the best cars I have ever owned. That's saying a lot considering it had 158000 miles on it and was better than my blazer with 80 thousand miles on the motor.

Marlboro

Welcome from Mullica Hill nj (also sj) besides the classifieds here check craigslist, there is an m1008 not lifted yet but comes with a 6inch for $2500. Anyhow there are a ton of mv's in south jersey so good luck and have fun!

detroitdiesel4x4

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! I'm looking everywhere to find a darn cucv...I remember years ago searching and I could find them a dime a dozen all over the internet. What the heck happened?! HAHA...well anyway, i'll keep looking, i'm trying to find one as soon as possible. And i'm sure i'll catch the green bug...I never ever thought I'd own a Toyota, and now I have plenty more then i'll ever need LOL not to mention MV's are about 10x's cooler! Hey Marlboro, where abouts are you at? I'm from south Harrison, so i'm what, 3 minutes away from you? Small world! Hope to meet all of you locals soon. Maybe we can all get together for a run in the pines? Anyway, who has a cucv for sale? I'm willing to travel! And i'm going to check out the rig Marlboro mentioned this weekend...hopefully its worth it, that'd be a good deal, pretty cheap and local

m816

Welcome from up in North Jersey. Come on up to the MTA show in April 26/7 at the Sussex county Fair Grounds in Augusta. A lot of Vendors and you will get lots of advise from current owners of all kinds of MV's. Plus we will do our best to make you feel comfortable in the hobby. If you can't wait that long, the first show of the year is over in Pa. at Jim Thorpe On Mar 3. A one day show,put on by the Red Ball Club, but a lot of vendors will be there to help you along and you might even find something for sale right there. It is were we all get our mid winter O.D. fix.

detroitdiesel4x4

So surprised to see so many people close by...in the Toyota hobby I was a loaner out here haha, everybody was from the west coast! Anyway, I think I might've found my truck, going to look at it sunday, and hopefully bring it home. My plans are to restore it and keep it nice, yet wheel it on the weekends and use it for farm/work chores. I'd love to come to the shows, i'd be more then happy to drive myself up there and join in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks