• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First time MV owner from Atlanta Ga

60Buick

Hey, I'm Richard. I just purchased my first military vehicle yesterday, a 53 M43 Ambulance. It is all original, operable, complete and still in its service colors and markings but needs to be cleaned up, repainted and gone through mechanically. A basic cosmetic restoration is what I am planning. This seems like a great resource to use in the restoration and I hope to meet a few of you when I get the truck finished and out on the road.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nopics(make sure you learn how to do this!)

Welcome! I'm jealous, I've always enjoyed those vehicles.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky Richard.
Lots of SSs ?MV enthusiasts in GA.
Post up a picture or two.
JC

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find ! When you are ready I have a lower grill and front bumper for you . :tank: Bob k

bennym45

That truck has real presence. What a nice find, well done. Deserves a good home and care..seems to have got one. Welcome to the site, hobby, friendships, and events to come. It will be nice to see pictures with the story of the ongoing restoration.
I do quite like Ambulances, and fire trucks. I have 'adopted' the fire truck. love the hobby.

Attachments

AZK9

Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

That's an awesome vehicle!! I'd love to get into a restoration like that!

Have fun with it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from 300 miles south of the deep south. That's a peach of a machine, looking forward to see it up and running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks