• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fitting door glass

greentoys

Hi All
I'm doing a restore / conversion on a 63 M37 and am having a problem.
I'm reinstalling the door glass and the gap between the front of the glass and the windshield is about 3/4" narrower at the top than at the bottum of the windows, Even after using all of the adjustments in the window regulators.
I replaced the sheetmetal on the top of the cowl. I have new seal at the bottum of the windshield to cowl. If I release the windshield hold-down clamps enough to let the windshield line up with the door glass , the windshield will not seal to the cowl.
Did I get something rebuilt wrong? Did I instal the door window on the wrong side? ( the short slot for the regulater is at the front.)
Should the windshield be at 90 deg to the top of the door?
I may have to put a shim between the the windshield frame and weatherstrip to cowl, if I have to move the windshield.
I'll be back later with more detailed info about what I'm doing, But basiclly I'm putting the M37 body onto a 90 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins Diesel.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Ray

zak

Did you replace the rubber pieces that fit on the bottom ends of the windshield frame? You may have to tweek the arms that hold the windshield to the cowl. Replacing the cowl sheet metal may be throwing the fit off. I'll look at mine tonight and see how close the fit is on the door glass.

greentoys

I looked at STS,s M37 and see no differences from mine. I guess that it's just a mater of minor variations.
ZAK, when I reskinned the cowl, I went right over the original sheet metal. then I drilled the winshield pivot holes from the inside, using the old holes as a guide.
The new cowl is now 6 1/4" longer in front (overhangs the firewall) so that the 5.9L cummins fits without cutting the firewall and using the stock hood. The 5.9 is 6" longer than the flathead six.
oops... The cat's out of the bag. now what?
Thanks guys for checking.
Ray

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks