• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fixed the "measured shot" ether system on MEP-006A

ichudov

:jumpin: :beer:

A while ago I mentioned that my "measured shot" ether cold start system was not working.

I worked on this some last night and fixed it.

First I found out that it was a mechanical (as opposed to electrical) issue. If 24v is supplied to the valve, nothing would happen.

I took the valve apart. It is a solenoid valve and the iron stem of the solenoid was rusted so much, that it was stuck. I pulled it out and wire brushed it.

It still would not work. Turns out that passages were clogged up with crud.

Some more cleaning, blowing at it, etc and some strong language worked its magic and the valve started releasing measured shots of ether no the bench.

Put back in the generator -- and hooray -- the measured shot system works nicely, VERY gently, but easily starts a generator at 18 degrees F.

I am delighted and the generator now is 100% functional.

I wanted to put all the right keywords into this post, so that people who search for similar problems aua, would find it.

emr

thanks for the info, i just started having the shot thingy stop working on my M925, always a good thing to hear of someone else working on something similar, i think it just helps to motivate, smart move on using good key words, nice work....

ichudov

thanks for the info, i just started having the shot thingy stop working on my M925, always a good thing to hear of someone else working on something similar, i think it just helps to motivate, smart move on using good key words, nice work....
General, I found this cold start system to be extremely easy to work on and diagnose. It is not at all like doing the hard stuff, like engine rebuild.

i

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks