• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fixing air wiper valve big leak in M656

sangamon

So I wanted to go for a drive in my M656 yesterday. The rain was deluge-ing so I turned the little knob for the windshield wipers. There was a lot of hissing, but no wiping. Checking the air pipes for the wipers I felt air, but not much. I removed the valve and wiper motors, and brought them home for some repair.

After much cleaning and trifling about, I finally decided that the big problem was that there was a huge air leak from under the knob. It was easy enough to fix. I just stacked three O rings inside the cap, held the cap down when tightening the set screws, and I was good.

Does it still leak air? You bet, but not nearly as much. Both motors work nicely when individually connected directly to the valve. I'll put them back in tomorrow and test them in the truck. Of course, it's supposed to be sunny in Blaine tomorrow.

Oh, one more thing - the valve installed in the truck isn't the same as the valve in the parts or repair manuals.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks